Next to bed2017-02-11T18:40:29-05:00

Home Forums Hunting Firearms Next to bed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Participant

What are everyone’s thoughts of keeping a home protection firearm next your bed ? I’m sure a lot of people do. I’ve thought about, but I have 3 kids under 7 in the house so obviously I’d need it to be in a safe place. What’s everyone’s thoughts or what do you do?

WhipWhip
    Participant

Get a small safe with fingerprint id or the little wrist band entry.

Whip

oldstylelightoldstylelight
    Participant

I got a small Stack-on brand electric locking case. ($50 ish from wallyworld) (You set a code to unlock or also a key.) IMO, this is perfect for holding one handgun and a couple clips. Mine is about the size of a laptop. I read a few bad reviews on items similar for lesser prices… Ie, you get what you pay for.

Participant

I am partial to the GunVault MicroVault line. I prefer that there be a combination to enter in order to access the safe as otherwise the kids could potentially get ahold of a quick access card and use it to open the safe. While opinions may vary on this I also prefer to store it without a round in the chamber. My reasoning is that if young kids do somehow get into it then they would not have the muscle strength to rack the slide to chamber a round (this does, of course, depend on the age of the kids).

http://www.gunvault.com/gun-safes/microvault.html/

Participant

Where do you guys live that you feel the need to have a gun by your bedside? Seems a bit extreme.

Participant

Dunno about the rest of you guys but where I live the statistics say it is not a question of if, but when.

When the bad guys come in I will be ready.

Yes I keep one on the night stand next to my side.

ECFirearmsECFirearms
    Participant

Quote by: TrapCyclone

I am partial to the GunVault MicroVault line. I prefer that there be a combination to enter in order to access the safe as otherwise the kids could potentially get ahold of a quick access card and use it to open the safe. While opinions may vary on this I also prefer to store it without a round in the chamber. My reasoning is that if young kids do somehow get into it then they would not have the muscle strength to rack the slide to chamber a round (this does, of course, depend on the age of the kids).

http://www.gunvault.com/gun-safes/microvault.html/

X2 on the advice given for the gunvault. these have the No-Eyes Keypad, IMHO a must have.

numbered keypads, key locks, fingerprint readers, and wristbands can fail when you need them most. Adrenaline pumping through your veins in the dark when you are half asleep.

“Second Amendment – Either you are helping pull the wagon, getting a free ride in the wagon, or trying to take away the wagon. Which one are you?” -- IAShooters

Participant

Quote by: scherrman

Where do you guys live that you feel the need to have a gun by your bedside? Seems a bit extreme.

I live in Iowa and mines about 2 feet away in my upstairs bedroom which I find a better place than in the basement if for some reason someone breaks into the house on the main floor! Has it happened yet, no, but I’ve yet to get a 100% guarantee from the local police or anyone else for that matter that it will never happen. Have you?

Participant

I get more comfortable out of 9mm than statistics.

3.5 tens3.5 tens
    Participant

EEE GAD! REALLY?? WOW!
    Not ONLY by the bed stand, but anywhere in the house I will (think) I would be vulnerable to a home invasion
    No, not paranoid. But never a victim.

"I have always had a soft spot in my heart for marshes. They challenge me to come and look. Their capacity for mothering wild life is far greater than the drier uplands, no matter how beautiful they may be. It seems to me that no man is closer to the beginning of things and the eternal motherhood of the outdoors than when he is familiar with a marsh."

Participant

I guess the actual question would be, where do you live??? Maharishi Peace palace perhaps? Nope can’t be there, they have trouble also. 🙄

oldstylelightoldstylelight
    Participant

Mine is also a convenience factor, rather than going down to the basement to get in my hunting gun safe, so why not by the bed. Quicker respons than 911, although we pray it never needs to be used.

Participant

Quote by: kenhump

I get more comfortable out of 9mm than statistics.

I hear ya!
    .45 ACP for me.

Participant

A 57 in the house is a good deterrent and first responder.

A heinz 57 dog that is.

primitiveprimitive
    Participant

News story in the Quad City Times, Friday, yesterday, Feb 3, 17. Davenport gun owner was shot while sleeping in his chair. Seems that his wife went to the basement, picked up his unhidden, loaded, revolver, went back upstairs to the living room, put the gun to the right side of his head and pulled the trigger with the intent to kill him according to the police report. He was 64.
    The wife pleads not guilty to first-degree murder.

primitive

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!