Home Forums Hunting Dog Training New pup, need a good chew toy

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Kitchen chairs, end tables, sofas, etc. All of those work as chew training aids and are readily available. Don’t expect to have anything nice for the next couple years.

Participant

Quote by: m+sauer

Quote by: LONESUMGUS

I see a lot of guys letting them chew on antlers, good or bad I don’t know

This is what we use. Asgrow is right too…..crate training with pups is key. When they aren’t in the crate it is important to have an acceptable chew toy with you at all times so when the pup starts chewing on something he/she isn’t suppose to you can immediately say no and replace with the acceptable chew toy. I’ve done this with all of my dogs and they never chew on anything but their acceptable bones/toys.

all of this! My pup is almost a year old now and she has been one of the easiest pups to train (shes not a lab but she loves to chew). I also work from home often so when I was not going to be able to keep a close eye on her, she would go into her kennel. I use a few different varieties of antlers, the different taste/textures/harness keeps her interested. I found that Target is actually one of the least expensive places to purchase them. Sometimes I will fill them up with PB and freeze them for an extra treat.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.