New muzzleloader 2018-09-13T00:21:00+00:00

Home Forums Hunting Deer Hunting New muzzleloader

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m in the market for a new muzzleloader for the late muzzleloader season. Currently looking at the CVA Optima V2. Any opinions on this rifle or suggestions for another rifle in the similar price range? Muzzle-Loaders.com has a scoped package for under $400. Anybody have any experience with this website?  Any answers are appreciated.

llewellinsetterllewellinsetter
    Participant

The CVA Optima is a proven solid choice. Do not get a package with a Konus scope. Find the rifle you like then get a Nikon XR or Bushnell DOA muzzy scope. You should be able to build this for close to the same price and will have a much better set-up.

Sarcasm entails a few things: one of them is intellect, another one is a sense of humor, and a third - not taking things too personally.

schnelker
    Participant

I was curious about the Konus scope. I know a good Nikon can be found for about $130. Thanks for the reply.

Blackpowderhunter
    Participant

I have an Optima V2 and love it with a Nikon scope.  I picked the scope up at WalMart for 129.00.  Get the Blackhorn breech plug.  Blackhorn is a good powder and very easy clean up.  I shoot two inch groups at 100 yards.  Took a deer at 125 yards two years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.