Home Forums Miscellaneous Love it….Hate it… New gas cans.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Who’s bright idea was this. Major pain.

littlealfet
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I still use the older plastic ones and never fill but 3/4 full and always vent them so they do not swell up. The few times I have used the safety style gas cans I spill all over.

kenhump
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: littlealfet

I still use the older plastic ones and never fill but 3/4 full and always vent them so they do not swell up. The few times I have used the safety style gas cans I spill all over.

Very hard to not too.

isu22andy
    Participant
    isu22andy
    Participant
    carpdoctor
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Theisens has replacement nozzles also.

kenhump
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: isu22andy

Thank me later

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EZ-Pour-Replacement-Spout-Replace-Old-Can-Fill-Kit-WaterJug-Gas-20050-/222280066705?epid=20003305129&hash=item33c0eca691:g:T1sAAOSwEK9TvJWP

Thanks, but I not going to spend $11.00 to it something that wasn’t broken.

cal
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I agree! I have several of the safety plastic gas cans and don’t trust or like them at all. I don’t know the brand right now but they will not vent at all. But they will split at the seam because of that and drain all the gas all over. I have bought a couple of the NO-SPILL cans that I like so far.
    I still have the others but only for storm back up for the generator then empty asap.

scruffy
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: kenhump

Thank me later

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EZ-Pour-Replacement-Spout-Replace-Old-Can-Fill-Kit-WaterJug-Gas-20050-/222280066705?epid=20003305129&hash=item33c0eca691:g:T1sAAOSwEK9TvJWP

LOL, I consider the new gas cans broken from the factory by design…. so I’ve bought a number of the $11 spouts swapping out old broken fill tubes and the new worthless fill tubes on newer cans.

It “feels” wrong when I spend $11 on the filler tube to fix something you shouldn’t have to, but I sure don’t “feel” frustrated every single time, multiple times a week, filling gas in the tractor and mowers, cycles, etc LOL!!! :mrgreen:

twdenney
    Participant
    Up
    Down

BLITZ. Buy everyone yow can at every auction, garage sale/yard sale and anywhere else you can find them….(along side road, ETC, ETC) any size any color (diesel, gasoline, kerosene).
    LITTLE YELLOW CAP!
    Problem solved!
    Cans flow so fast I have employees complain filling weed eaters/chainsaws!
    (I need no thanks later)

bowfisher
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: twdenney

BLITZ. Buy everyone yow can at every auction, garage sale/yard sale and anywhere else you can find them….(along side road, ETC, ETC) any size any color (diesel, gasoline, kerosene).
    LITTLE YELLOW CAP!
    Problem solved!
    Cans flow so fast I have employees complain filling weed eaters/chainsaws!
    (I need no thanks later)

Lol… 😀

kel
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Suppose to be for safety and spill free! I have spilled way more with new ones than I ever did with old ones.

speng5
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Well I guess it’s just time to go buy the gutless electric version of everything now

Oldbear
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I figure it has something to do with EPA stuff. Agree real PITA but if the $11 work I’ll buy one and switch it on cans.

Mayor of Hickory Grove

Coonsqualler
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Bomgaars also carries the replacement nozzle kits…right next to the crummy new cans.

Anonymous
    Up
    Down

Liberals in California. Soap doesn’t work. Toilets don’t flush. Clothes washers don’t clean. Light bulbs don’t illuminate. Refrigerators break too soon. Paint discolors. Lawnmowers have to be hacked. It’s all caused by idiotic government regulations that are wrecking our lives one consumer product at a time, all in ways we hardly notice. Yea Progressive Government!

speng5
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: llewellinsetter

Liberals in California. Soap doesn�t work. Toilets don�t flush. Clothes washers don�t clean. Light bulbs don�t illuminate. Refrigerators break too soon. Paint discolors. Lawnmowers have to be hacked. It�s all caused by idiotic government regulations that are wrecking our lives one consumer product at a time, all in ways we hardly notice. Yea Progressive Government!

I just bought a vehicle a few weeks ago and nowhere is this becoming more evident than the auto industry

northwoodsbucks
    Participant
    Up
    Down

In general they suck.

However the one where you dont manually engage anything but it just has the little lib that engages on the edge of the tank seems to work pretty darn well for 99% of applications. Only time it was frustrating was using it to put gas in the truck as with the lip engaged the rest of the nozzle was not long enough.

Agree though, was the gas spilled from old cans really cumulatively causing a hazard, I tend to think not.

stevenoak
    Participant
    Up
    Down

We sold our acreage. Had several old 5 gal. gas cans in the yard sale. Some guy bought all of them just for the spouts. Only thing the new ones are good for is filling real small tanks, because the gas flows so slow.

HideHunter
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: scruffy

Thank me later

LOL, I consider the new gas cans broken from the factory by design…. so I’ve bought a number of the $11 spouts swapping out old broken fill tubes and the new worthless fill tubes on newer cans.

It “feels” wrong when I spend $11 on the filler tube to fix something you shouldn’t have to, but I sure don’t “feel” frustrated every single time, multiple times a week, filling gas in the tractor and mowers, cycles, etc LOL!!! :mrgreen:

Yep.. I liked the first one so well – I bought two more for other cans.. and one for a spare.. Took great pleasure in throwing the old (new) ones in the garbage where they belonged in the first place.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.