Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum new carp regs from back east. coming to Iowa???

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Connecticut Fish & Wildlife have just announced the following new regulations for the creation of trophy carp waters and limits on the taking of carp from all other state waters.

COMMON CARP
    There is now a creel limit of 5 common carp per day, with no more than 1 fish greater than 30 inches in length, except in Trophy Carp Waters.

TROPHY CARP WATERS
    Batterson Park Pond, Connecticut River (including the portions of tributaries open year-round), Squantz Pond and West Thompson Reservoir are designated as Trophy Carp Waters with a one carp per day creel limit and a 26 inch maximum length for Common Carp.

This is a true milestone & recognition for the work that the Carp Anglers Group has been doing behind the scenes over many years. I’ll be making another post later to thank those who helped make this possible!

stick500stick500
    Participant

that’s a hoot!

Who actually keeps carp, except the few who might smoke a couple?

Wonder how that law deals with bow fishermen?

The law every state needs is a “It is illegal to throw unwanted fish on the shore” mandate.

All the dogfish, carp, suckers, buffs, gar, etc. that are wasted by people thinking they are doing the fishery a big favor. And stinking up the best spots, too!

I love to catch all of the above, just for the fun of it, and of course the bigger the better.

Thanks for the info Ted.

Participant

Not likely to happen here

Participant

Quote by: Brad+Phillips

Not likely to happen here

thats what they said back east and in Texas

Participant

Quote by: stick500

that’s a hoot!

Who actually keeps carp, except the few who might smoke a couple?

Wonder how that law deals with bow fishermen?

The law every state needs is a “It is illegal to throw unwanted fish on the shore” mandate.

All the dogfish, carp, suckers, buffs, gar, etc. that are wasted by people thinking they are doing the fishery a big favor. And stinking up the best spots, too!

I love to catch all of the above, just for the fun of it, and of course the bigger the better.

Thanks for the info Ted.

Nothing like fishing downwind from a 20 lb rotting carcass.

Participant

Hated fishing by saylorville spill way because of the dozens off rotting carp in the rocks.

Participant

Quote by: nahdogg

Hated fishing by saylorville spill way because of the dozens off rotting carp in the rocks.

I have made people pick up carp they throw on shore. Illegal.

Participant

are they the same group of anglers who wear masks, don’t respect other anglers space on the lake and like to fish right off the last decoy of anyone duck hunting ?
    I hope not because I really don’t want to start golfing

Participant

Ted, do you live in Iowa?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.