Home Forums Trapping / Fur Handling Trapping Need a live trap

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Anyone in Ankeny have a live trap I could borrow? I have a coon raiding my bird feeders. Any way I think its a coon bent a 1/2 steel Shepard staff to the ground.

Participant

I have traps you could borrow but 2.5 hours away, sorry. Try greasing the pole with a really slick substance. I have done this in the past and worked well. Good luck!

PCIPCI
    Participant

Will try to grease it up never though of that duh. Might be a chore to get it straighten.
    Thanks for the offer.

Participant

Wow 😯 Looks like a truck hit it!

CedarStorm1975CedarStorm1975
    Participant

Just a thought, but it may have been a deer? I had some deer raiding our feeders a few years back, the bastards chewed a “channel” in the wood. I woke up late one night after hearing noises, I saw a figure moving about (shadow in the streetlight cast on our blinds). I opened the blinds, and there were 4-5 deer in my front yard, one of them was literally within a foot of my picture window eating bird seed from the feeder! I tapped on the glass and they boogied across the street into the timber. All winter long, they kept coming back (based on the tracks in the snow), and not only ate the bird seed, but also turned towards the bushes and the neighbor’s newly planted trees, lol.

PCIPCI
    Participant

Quote by: CedarStorm1975

Just a thought, but it may have been a deer? I had some deer raiding our feeders a few years back, the bastards chewed a “channel” in the wood. I woke up late one night after hearing noises, I saw a figure moving about (shadow in the streetlight cast on our blinds). I opened the blinds, and there were 4-5 deer in my front yard, one of them was literally within a foot of my picture window eating bird seed from the feeder! I tapped on the glass and they boogied across the street into the timber. All winter long, they kept coming back (based on the tracks in the snow), and not only ate the bird seed, but also turned towards the bushes and the neighbor’s newly planted trees, lol.

Thats what the wife thinks deer

Participant

As warm as the weather has been, it should be fairly easy to see tracks in the yard, especially deer tracks.

Participant

I don’t think coon. Deer. Game cam?

PCIPCI
    Participant

Think the problem is solved

IaCraigIaCraig
    Participant

I’m betting there are more. I had problems last spring with coons in my bird feeders breaking the light chains holding them up. I sat up late 1 night and caught them in the act, looked like 2 were about 1 year olds and one big old momma. I’d chase them away and they would be back in less than an hour. My bird feeder pole was a cedar 2X4, so I wrapped it with a galvanized dryer vent pipe and they left it alone. A bonus is that so far the squirrels havn’t figured out how to climb it yet either. (but I bet if they really tried, they could jump to the feeder from the ground) 😀

Participant

If you have any more problems…I live in Ankeny and have a live trap. I would take the animals as well. They wouldn’t be back to bother you.
    just let me know

PCIPCI
    Participant

Ruger 204 you have a PM

Participant

Ok, question. Was there something besides bird seed in the feeder? Suet or fruit?

PCIPCI
    Participant

Quote by: kenhump

Ok, question. Was there something besides bird seed in the feeder? Suet or fruit?

One feeder black oil sunflower seeds & 2 suet blocks. It would hit all 3.

medicdanomedicdano
    Participant

If there is one, there will be more.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.