Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum Navionics maps for Iowa

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Anyone have experience with Navionics? Curious how well they are for our Iowa lakes.

Thanks!

Jeff

Participant

I use the Navionics app on my phone. I have used it on the IGL, Clear Lake,lakes around Waterloo, and Pleasant Creek. It seems to be pretty good everywhere I have been as far as giving same depth as the electronics on the boat or the flasher on the ice.

whip2whip2
    Participant

Look at the Navionics web app online. you can actually zoom in on any lake there & see what it shows if you purchase the Navionics + chip.

https://webapp.navionics.com/#[email protected]&key=ozw%7CFr%7BwzP

whip2

whip2

Participant

its ok. if you have a humminbird finder use lakemaster. they are better.

Participant

Excellent, thanks for the tips guys

Participant

My Lakemaster chip lasted 6 months and then it stopped working.I bought it in April of 2016 and Oct. it stopped working. I called Humminbird and they talk me through a series of test and the chip would not work. Was told sorry but the warranty is only for 30 days and I was SOL. Not sure if I will get another Lakemaster. Took the Navionics from the bow unit and put it in my console unit and have been very please with it.

Participant

In reference to fishing mn lakes my Navionics phone app was worthless compared LakeMaster. No comparison in detail…

WidowmakerWidowmaker
    Participant

I bought the Navionics chip for my Humminbird because I liked that I got all of Iowa, South Dakota, and Minnesota on one chip. Those are the three states I fish 99.99% of the time, and I loved the idea of having one chip that covered all my bases, not having to switch them out when I went to different states. I have to say it has worked out great for me. It has definitely helped me narrow down lakes to fishable spots, especially when I go somewhere new that I haven’t fished, or don’t fish very often. I have not used a LakeMaster chip, so I have no comparison to go off of.

Participant

Have both. Both older versions and the newer ones. LakeMaster has slight advantage.
    Prefer Navonics pc software over lakemaster setup.

Really is a Ford/Chevy kind of thing.
    If I had to choose only one,would be lakemaster.

Participant

My Navionics phone app has served me well but I use lake master in the boat, partly because of the hummin bird / i pilot set up. All in all if lakemaster had a comparable phone app I would ditch Navionics.

That said Navionics seemed to cover most lakes I wanted to fish in both IA, MN, and WI. Can only think of one time Navionics was missing, and a different lake that was missing on lake master.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.