Home Forums Hunting Firearms Muzzle loaders

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Any body have any experience with the cva accura? Looking at the v2 with the nitride coated barrel.would like to shoot blackthorn 209. I know I need the breechplug made for blackthorn 209. Was thinking the model with the thumb hole stock. Any pros or cons? Thanks

Participant

You can’t get a much better rifle for the money than an Accura v2.

Participant

X2

I bought one last year with TH and Konus scope. I shoot 110 grains of Blackhorn and Knight T-EZ sabots (Barnes bullets). This is a legit 200 yard load and the range-finding reticle on the Konus is accurate and reliable. I do not recommend shooting the 300 grain Barnes Expanders. These were extremely difficult to load due to sabot thickness. The added pressure also made the recoil much more significant, and I got love-tapped by the scope a couple times as a result.

Last fall I shot up to 15 rounds in a row without having any noticeable loading issues and these were minor. All I had to do was run a brush/range rod down the barrel a couple times to resume shooting.

1. Easy to disassemble and clean
    2. Superior fit and finish
    3. Extremely accurate
    4. Nitride coating is “bulletproof” and extremely resistant to corrosion
    5. CVA package had everything I needed- case, sling, scope mount/rings, scope, etc…

Good luck!

Joel

Participant

Any body looking for a muzzle loader at really great prices look at muzzle loaders.com

Participant

Quote by: LundImpact1675

X2

I bought one last year with TH and Konus scope. I shoot 110 grains of Blackhorn and Knight T-EZ sabots (Barnes bullets). This is a legit 200 yard load and the range-finding reticle on the Konus is accurate and reliable.

What model is the Konus scope?

Participant

Great gun… I would but a nikon inline xr….. love mine, I shoot an apex, just the fancy Accura…. don’t skimp on optic

Blocked

Ditto. Similar great results with the CVA Optima.

Participant

only one thing i would point out for the op is that the thumbhole stock has a great line of sight when brought to your shoulder.. esp if you are in a blind or on the ground, and even great if in a tree stand… however.. there is always a however.. if you plan on carrying it and doing much walking the angle on your wrist and forearm while doing that is unnatural and will begin to hurt even over a small amount of time..

Participant

any one got a pet load using Blackhorn 209 in the accura? My triumph liked 100 grains of blackhorn with a 250 grain hornady sst in a harvester crushed rib sabot.

Participant

Last season I started with 110 grains of Blackhorn behind 300 grain Barnes expanders. This was a pretty brutal load to load and shoot and I don’t recommend it unless you find a thin aftermarket sabot.

The load I settled on was 110 grains of Blackhorn behind a 250 grain Knight red hot with the EZ load sabot. I was able to shoot 3″ groups at 150 yards very consistently with this combination and you can get the bullets in the red boxes at Scheels.

The scope that came with the rifle is the 3-10 x 44 Konus Pro 275. I shoot a Leupold on my AR and I also have Nikon binos. The glass on the Konus isn’t as good, but it is more than adequate for muzzleloading ranges and I don’t plan to replace it.

Good luck!

Joel

Participant

It is pretty tough to beat a green harverster crushed rib sabot and a 240 gr or 300 gr XTP. I think those are .430 diameter. That combo has shot well out of every gun regardless of brand.

Participant

Quote by: IA+9249+AY

It is pretty tough to beat a green harverster crushed rib sabot and a 240 gr or 300 gr XTP. I think those are .430 diameter. That combo has shot well out of every gun regardless of brand.

X2 on this. I have 4 muzzleloaders including the Accura V2. They all shoot a combination of BH 209, green harvester crushed rib sabot and .430 XTP 240 gr very well. They just plain work on deer.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.