Muzzle Brakes2018-09-16T07:46:29-05:00

Home Forums Hunting Firearms Muzzle Brakes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m looking at upgrading my Rat Worx. Anyone have experience with the Area419 Hellfire, Heathen, PVA Jet Blast or APA Bastard?

ECFirearmsECFirearms
    Participant

I’m looking at upgrading my Rat Worx. Anyone have experience with the Area419 Hellfire, Heathen, PVA Jet Blast or APA Bastard?

What is your intended goal with the brake and what type of shooting will you be doing?

“Second Amendment – Either you are helping pull the wagon, getting a free ride in the wagon, or trying to take away the wagon. Which one are you?” -- IAShooters

CCACCA
    Participant

yup.  of those mentioned i dig the fat bastard best.  but…  you should narrowly define what you’re trying to do.  if your goal is the most reduction in felt recoil you can get, that is a different list of possibles than those above.  the list you put up is the fan boy following, but doesn’t include some of the very best in reduction.

holland makes a really great brake.  i like it a lot.  it has a ton of surface area and is timed so it tends to push a lot of noise back at you.  but… that’s the price you pay for serious recoil reduction.  the other one we use a lot is the precision armament unit.  M11 and other models are fine.  they’re huge.  they’re heavy.  but…  they’re going to be when you really want to direct gas in a way that negates aft movement of the rifle.  here’s an example:  https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/muzzle-devices/compensators-amp-muzzle-brakes/m11-severe-duty-muzzle-brake-6-5-caliber-prod94655.aspx?psize=96

hope this helps.

-michael

"I thought I trusted the rope until it mattered to me whether it would bear me. Now it matters, and I find I didn't..." - C.S. "Jack" Lewis - A Grief Observed

Participant

I always thought their M41 was kinda neat looking.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!