Home Forums Hunting Mushroom Hunting Mushroom in tree.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Question. There is a large ash tree on the parking near my house. I can see mushrooms growing out of a couple broken off lumber stubs way above ground level. Can the whole tree possible be colonized?

medicdanomedicdano
    Participant

Possible. What kind of shroom?

Participant

If it was a box elder tree, my guess would be knot hole oyster mushroom.

Participant

Quote by: medicdano

Possible. What kind of shroom?

Yes look like they are. My concern is that the storms indicate the tree is in words shape that looks at first glance. If it comes down in a storm my neighbor and I could be cut off since we live on a dead-end. Big tree. 50-60′.

Participant

Well it is a shame I have to say this, but you need to say something to the owner of the tree. If you don’t and it falls and damages someone elses property, the person with the property damage is on the hook for the damages. If you do, then it will be the land owners insurance/bank account on the hook. Basically need to cast negligence.

Early this year, my boss had his neighbors tree fall down and take out his new fence and pool house. He was on the hook but the insurance company said it he mentioned to his neighbor about the tree being rotten, it would have been on his neighbor to replace the damages.

Participant

That large of an ash tree indicates it is pretty old. Eventually, the Emerald Ash borer will get it. Probably best to get ahead of it and just take it out now before the inevitable happens and causes more damage.

Participant

Thanks guys. Property owner is aware, but not concerned. The mayor has looked at it this too. He is my neighbor on the dead end. What really surprised was 2 of the clusters growing out are on the south and Southwest side, full sun, 20′-30-‘ up.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.