Home Forums Hunting Predator/Varmint Hunting MOUTAIN LION SHOT IN IOWA!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Got a pic text to me lastnight of a moutain lion that was shot 6 miles from my house. I just could not believe it so a frined of mine and I went over to see it and it is true!!! A female moutain lion probably 140 lbs. A group was doing a drive hunting deer the poster was sitting on a log when the cat came threw the timber and climbed a tree 100 yards from him, so he walked over about 50 yards from her and shot her out of the tree. it is by far the coolest thing I have ever seen killed in Iowa. Trying to figure out how to get pics from my phone onto the site if some one could help me I will post them. So to all the people out there that dont think the cats are in Iowa trust me they are I seen it with my own eyes!!! By the way the cat was taken in IOWA county!

Participant

Finally….first hand knowledge! That is pretty cool.

Participant

Send the pic to your email from your phone and then post it like you normally would.

Not passing judgement but did the guy say why he shot it?

Participant

send the pics to me and I can post them

515 450 four six nine three

Participant

They are most defiantly here in Iowa. There have been a lot of sightings around here in SW Iowa!!

BigDud1983BigDud1983
    Participant

Send the pics from your phone to ur email address. I dont knowhow to go from there, but i do know you can get them in your email that way.

Dustin

PCIPCI
    Participant

You should be able to send the pictures to your email then you can post them from there.

quailslayerquailslayer
    Participant

What is a moutain lion anyway 😯 Mountain Lion :mrgreen:

Participant

Better have a current newspaper in front of its head so we will all believe it…. Not saying its not true, but some good hard evidence is much easier to believe…..

Participant

Probably a house cat…I have been waiting to hear this story once shotgun season opened up.

Participant

I would shoot it too, and it is legal. Iowa does not deny mountain lions being present. I live in Missouri, and they will not admit it even though they are present. Here’s Iowa’s link to confirmed sightings.
    http://www.iowadnr.gov/wildlife/pdfs/mountain_lion.pdf

Participant

Quote by: Backlash

send the pics to me and I can post them

515 450 four six nine three

I sent the pic to you backlash see if you can get then up thanks

Participant

Quote by: River+Mallard

Better have a current newspaper in front of its head so we will all believe it…. Not saying its not true, but some good hard evidence is much easier to believe…..

Sorry if you don’t believe me but I seen it myself this is very true. And I would think it would come out in the paper sometime!!

Participant
    frmboybuckfrmboybuck
    Participant

Quote by: IA+at+heart

Send the pic to your email from your phone and then post it like you normally would.

Not passing judgement but did the guy say why he shot it?

To make a rug of course……why else?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.