Mounting Trout caught in Iowa Driftless Region2019-08-12T06:18:09-05:00

Home Forums Fishing Trout Fishing Mounting Trout caught in Iowa Driftless Region

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Wanted to get peoples thoughts on mounting Trout? I’ve been trout fishing many many years all throughout the Iowa Driftless region. Most of the time I catch your average stockers around 12 inches or so, and rarely in all my years fishing have I seen anything exceeding 16 inches in Iowa streams. What’s everyone’s take on mounting sizes for Rainbow, Brooke, and Bown caught in Iowa streams? Recently, my son and I landed a 24-inch rainbow together. I hooked him and fought him to shore, but the line snapped and luckily my son was down at the water’s edge to grab him. Amazing memory and currently at taxidermist to get mounted. In all my years, I have landed two 19 inch rainbows, 21-inch rainbow, and the recent 24-inch rainbow. Also hooked up two other monsters, but lost those due to line snapping and no net. I guess I’m either incredibly lucky or actually somewhat skilled at finding them, lol because I’ve been told Broods are once in a lifetime fish. Anyway, just wanted thoughts on mounting worthy sizes because I can’t find any articles about steam caught Trout in Iowa and curious if my 24 inch was worthy enough? To me, it was more about the memory than the size. If I ever catch a big Brooke, or Brown just curious on size worthy to mount for those as well. thks

jerdog515jerdog515
    Participant

Doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks.  If its a trophy to you and your son Mount it

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!