Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum Mississippi Recommendations

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have a small (15′) bass boat with a 35 hp motor. I’d love to go out on the Mississippi and try for drum and catfish, but don’t know where to put in. Can someone recommend a boat ramp , maybe with good back areas near by my motor can handle? I think I’ll be ok if I don’t spend much time in the main channel or travel too far. I’m about 45 min from Dubuque, but could go either North or South for a good spot.

Participant

With that rig you can just about any where on the river.( After the water goes down!!)Spent many hours in a buddies 14 ft. flat bottom with a 25. You just have to use common sense, and be on the look out for careless/ stupid people.

Participant

That’s great news, but I’ve never put in the river before, so I have no idea where to go if I can’t motor fast up and down stream. I’m not looking for someone’s special spot, just a good starting point. I’d prefer a less busy ramp too as I am the idiot that can never back his trailer straight in the first time. There has got to be dozens of ramps and I don’t know where to start.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.