Metal Detecting2019-08-08T14:57:37-05:00

Home Forums Hunting Artifacts and Finds Metal Detecting

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

How many folks are metal detecting in Central Iowa?  I have a Garrett AT Max, the problem is finding the time to find the gold rings and old metal.

OldbearOldbear
    Participant

I have a Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II.  I just plain don’t remember I have it but really enjoy when I go.  I tend to like checking where old country schools use to be.

Mayor of Hickory Grove

Participant

And some people would say, kids never had any money.  But moms and dads did when they came for the box lunch socials or the like.  Sometimes the old coins, and rings and etc are valuable just because they are old.   County fairs, old dance halls are long gone, some have even been plowed under.  So you need to find an old map or a old timer… to find those locations today.

Participant

I have the Whites XLT. Shes an old girl but very reliable. I like hitting the old houses front yards and sidewalks that have been there awhile. Twenty plus years and still going at it. Good luck sir

Participant

White’s makes a good machine, I had one for years and only replaced it this spring with the Garrett.

jerdog515jerdog515
    Participant

I also have a Garrett just need to make more time to take it out

Participant

I liked old county plat maps.  Township maps, ect..   Amazing amount of information about old schools, old general stores, fair grounds, homesteads ect.  Old race tracks can be amazing, auto and horse.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!