Home Forums Hunting Artifacts and Finds Metal Detecting

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Blocked

How many folks are metal detecting in Central Iowa?  I have a Garrett AT Max, the problem is finding the time to find the gold rings and old metal.

jerdog515jerdog515
    Participant

I get out when I can. I have a Garrett AT Pro

Participant

Never got out this year , why I don’t know. Been using Whites XLT for almost 25  years. Been a heck of a machine, it loves silver, have found gold rings which brings me to a story I want to tell. May have told it before. Got a call from a buddy of mine who use to run a gas station now he works on bicycles and lawn mowers..anyway  this old mans wife was on her death bed in the hospital. Unfortunately she had lost her wedding band the year before while raking leaves. So I got the call to find it. An hour later I had it in my hand and went to the hospital to give it to her husband. I watched him with tears in his eyes place it on his wife’s hand. Pretty emotional for me as well. He turned around and tried giving me a wad of cash out of his billfold. He would not take no for an answer so I took the cash when I left the room and gave it the the lady at the front desk and told her to give it back to Mr. Bell (found out that was his name). Sigourney is a small town and I heard he did receive the cash back. She passed away a day later. The guy who works on the bicycles and mowers ( Tom Green) still talks about it when I see him now and then)

cowboycowboy
    Participant

Great story, I believe I know Tom

Participant

Yea about everyone in town knows Tom aka Zombo. He’s been known to be pretty wild sometimes, but he also has a heart of gold especially around kids and the elderly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.