Home Forums Hunting Deer Hunting Meat Lockers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Best meat locker in Iowa for Deer and WHY?

Participant

Edgewood Locker is the best I have used.  professional shop and their products are great.  My wife loves their breakfast sausages… she wants half a deer worth this year…  and the Ghost Pepper snack sticks are amazing.

It is a bit of a drive for me, but well worth the time spent.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Avatar jpurifoy.
    Participant

Edgewood is pretty popular. Polashek’s in Protivin has been a family favorite for years.

Participant

Ruthven has been my go to for years, I have tried others but always go back to Ruthven.

Participant

I use Newhall and they have been very good!

ECFirearmsECFirearms
    Participant

OHRT’S SMOKEHOUSE, Ionia, IA

Family owned business with many years of experience processing wild game exclusively.   Been taking my deer there since 2003, prices are reasonable, products are great, and you can talk to Bruce the owner anytime.

“Second Amendment – Either you are helping pull the wagon, getting a free ride in the wagon, or trying to take away the wagon. Which one are you?” -- IAShooters

bowfisherbowfisher
    Participant

Edgewood is pretty popular. Polashek’s in Protivin has been a family favorite for years.

If Polashek’s was not 3.5 hours away from me I would take deer there for sure. Everything I have ever had from there (while up trout fishing) has been phenomenal.

Participant

If Polashek’s was not 3.5 hours away from me I would take deer there for sure. Everything I have ever had from there (while up trout fishing) has been phenomenal.

That is a long haul to drop off and pick up. Paul runs a tight ship and would take great care of ya though !

3.5 tens3.5 tens
    Participant

Elma Locker & Grocery in Elma Iowa, then Fredreika Locker in Fredreika iowa then Clarion Locker in Clarion Iowa

PRICE, quality and getting it done when they say they will get it done

"I have always had a soft spot in my heart for marshes. They challenge me to come and look. Their capacity for mothering wild life is far greater than the drier uplands, no matter how beautiful they may be. It seems to me that no man is closer to the beginning of things and the eternal motherhood of the outdoors than when he is familiar with a marsh."

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.