Managing DNR land2018-10-23T07:37:28-05:00

Home Forums Hunting General Hunting Managing DNR land

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Up here in North Iowa specifically Union Hills. Every year as far back as I can remember They mowed the service roads to make the ponds a little easier to get to (when you’re over 65 getting through chest high grass for a half a mile carry decoys get a little tough). No I’m not talking about mowing up to every pond just the service roads.Also just a couple of years ago they mowed edge cover for pheasant hunters at least 30 feet wide. This year Notta. This is what is baffling. Was out on county land and the county had mowed edge cover on all there lands that I was on.  Is this a regional thing or statewide. Union Hills is pretty much the crown jewel of North Iowa. They also have an access road on the east side that has ruts 2 ft deep and a Couple hundred yards long.  I would think with a little ingenuity they could fix this road. It’s like they don’t want you to use it and it is basiclly from soil erosion the one thing they complain about farmers. Typical answer will be the budget i know.

Participant

Did you vote for Kim? If yes, you’ve found your answer. She touts a budget surplus, yet asked many state entities to give back funds already allotted. This was piled on after massive cuts to the budget to begin with. Don’t blame the Dnr, blame our elected “representatives”.

llewellinsetterllewellinsetter
    Blocked

Ya, because it was SO MUCH BETTER under Culver or Vilsack. This isn’t a partisan issue, it’s a policy issue because Iowa is a farm state and the fact that the DNR caters to local pet projects instead of what individual hunters deem is better. Want to make a change? Get involved and stop complaining.

Sarcasm entails a few things: one of them is intellect, another one is a sense of humor, and a third - not taking things too personally.

Participant

I am in favor of less “big government” But at the end of the day, how is money spent?

Participant

DNR caters to local pet projects instead of what individual hunters deem is better

Why should individual hunters deem what the pet projects are better?

Blocked

I agree…what does KIM have to do with it???? To show your true intelligence people did not vote for KIM but voted for BRAINDEAD and got KIM because of the circumstances at hand.  It is a policy issue and along with that makes it a funding issue…there are some many ways the DNR is underfunded one simple one is one officer to cover 2 counties.

Participant

Why is it that the issue is always a shortage of funding and not mismanagement of funds?  I’d bet with just a little research there is plenty of other crap or personnel that could be cut…

Blocked

You are probably correct on mismanagement of funds!  It is taxpayers money they have an open checkbook!

Blocked

OK…. there is NO WAY IN HELL that I posted this 23hrs ago……This was posted last year!!!!!!!!!!!!

scruffyscruffy
    Participant

Guessing someone else posted spam on the thread 23 hours ago.  I saw it last night with a few other spam posts around that time that made it through on other threads, non English threads…

Blocked

Gotcha..thanks scruffy

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!