Home Forums Hunting General Hunting Managing DNR land

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Up here in North Iowa specifically Union Hills. Every year as far back as I can remember They mowed the service roads to make the ponds a little easier to get to (when you’re over 65 getting through chest high grass for a half a mile carry decoys get a little tough). No I’m not talking about mowing up to every pond just the service roads.Also just a couple of years ago they mowed edge cover for pheasant hunters at least 30 feet wide. This year Notta. This is what is baffling. Was out on county land and the county had mowed edge cover on all there lands that I was on.  Is this a regional thing or statewide. Union Hills is pretty much the crown jewel of North Iowa. They also have an access road on the east side that has ruts 2 ft deep and a Couple hundred yards long.  I would think with a little ingenuity they could fix this road. It’s like they don’t want you to use it and it is basiclly from soil erosion the one thing they complain about farmers. Typical answer will be the budget i know.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.