Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum Lost Island Lake

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have never been to this lake before. Two of us are going there for 3 days in early October. The other guy fished there many years ago, what can we expect this time a year. About this lake and other general Info. about this area. I Will have boat ,so what can you all tell me. I don’t want to be lost on this Island! Thanks for any Info. you can give me. Gullywhomper

DON’T LET YOUR DOBBER SLIP !

Participant

Quote by: Gullywhomper

I have never been to this lake before. Two of us are going there for 3 days in early October. The other guy fished there many years ago, what can we expect this time a year. About this lake and other general Info. about this area. I Will have boat ,so what can you all tell me. I don’t want to be lost on this Island! Thanks for any Info. you can give me. Gullywhomper

DON’T LET YOUR DOBBER SLIP !

The DNR killed off most of the walleye a few years ago when they were doing projects that called for the water level to be lowered and a drought happened. Fungus killed most if not close to all the mature walleye. It has been a few years so I believe that they might have a few stocked walleye that are getting close to eater size.

Somebody put yellow bass in the lake so plenty of them. The crappie population is decent due to the lack of walleye preditation the last few years. The walleye should be feeding, just hope they have some size.

Participant

There’s plenty of nice sized walleye in the lake. It was good last spring and should be real good this fall. They’re back for sure.

Participant

Public boat ramp is on the West side of the lake. No porta potty by the dock so make sure you dont need any restoom. God, I would love to talk to the DNR about Storm Lake and putting in some porta potties on the East side of the lake. They invested all of there money on the DNR docks which is super nice, but how about the East ramp near sunny camprground.?

Guess they want everybody to pee in the woods—-good luck telling the ladies to do that. Really sucks. In fact the public boat ramp on the South side has no porta potty either. Guess the DNR or Storm Lake city thinks nobody ever has to go. I am sure no kids need to pee?

Crazy. Just pisses me off. Literally. Have gone in the strip woods so many times I want to take up a collection plate.

Okay …… I am through ranting.

Well, sorry for jumping on your post. Boat ramp at Lost Island Lake is on the West sidel Good Luck and God Bless. robbie

Participant

Quote by: Philly

There’s plenty of nice sized walleye in the lake. It was good last spring and should be real good this fall. They’re back for sure.

I’m not saying there isn’t a few nice ones. Look at the IA DNR lake survey. pretty much shows what Zi’m talking about.

WidowmakerWidowmaker
    Participant

Yellow Bass are almost always biting at Lost Island. The good thing is if the fishing isn’t very good there, there are several other good lakes to fish with 15-20 minutes of there.

Participant

thanks for the come back on lost island lake. we will be trying for walleyes , I’m sure not apposed about crappie and yellow’s don’t have yel ‘s where we are at in central Ia, but we do have porta potties. There is the option of other lakes. For the ones that do fish for w eyes what method is the most effective. Gullywhomper

Don’t Let Your Dobber Slip !

Participant

What about the Other lake options around lost Island, who out there can give me more info. We will be there on the 10 th. are there motels that have fish cleaning. Good places to eat? what size of yellow bass is considered good size. We will be there 3 or 4 days . I don’t know if my 1 year old Vizsla will like that. Well thanks Gullywhomper

Participant

Well fishing friends, I did get up to Lost Island lake week ago. The weather was not good rained all the way up temps around 42, no fishing that day. Next morning water on boat tarp was frozen so we were not any hurry, day turned out nice high skies , Yep no walleyes only few 7 1/2 yellows. Next day planned on going to 5 island woke up to crappy weather again so we ate breakfast and went home. will be putting boat away next couple days and wait for Ice.

Dobber had slipped !

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.