Home Forums Hunting General Hunting Looking for a blackmouth cur pup

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Im looking for a new pup but have not found any in iowa. I would like a BMC for a companion in the field and a family dog. I have 3 acres in the country and ample time to devout! Does anybody know of a reputable local breeder or have experience with the breed!?

Participant

Very few in IA. I have not heard of any breeders in Iowa. Steve Banker in Wisc. Used to raise them. I would look up sites on the internet for cur forums. Most of them down south, way south. They also come in about 2 sizes. 40-50 pounds and the 70-80 pound. Good all around dog for an acerage.

Participant

I saw some puppies in Mich. That were posted a few weeks ago on a site. let me know if you want more info.

casey_leecasey_lee
    Participant

Thanks for the reply, im torn between a BMC or a Dane! I would like the info also please!

Participant

John Higbee 616-232-3379. They are of sq and coon hunting dogs. Great gamey dogs that are great for a family, but have known some BMC in the past that if some stranger grabbed your child it would be unwise.

Participant

Also should add what they cost and a Dane costs you could buy a lot of fuel to go pick it up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.