Home Forums Hunting Firearms Looking for .223

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Looking to purchase a .223. Any thoughts on manufacturers?

If anyone has one they’d like to sell, pm me.

Thanks,
    JB

topH20terrortopH20terror
    Participant

Quote by: jrbert

Thanks,
    JB

For what intended purpose? Price range?

Participant

Coyotes. New – under $350. Used – negotiable.

drifty4drifty4
    Participant

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/savage-axis-223-remington-bolt-action-rifle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzbO4p_p_ko

You might want to check with Sportsmans World or Cabelas too.

Genesis 27:3
    Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Participant

Gun show this weekend at Hawkeye Downs in Cedar Rapids. Never know, you might find a bargain!

PCIPCI
    Participant

Should be able to find one of these in that price range. I have one and like it for no more than I shoot it fits my needs.
    https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/savage-axis-ii/

ECFirearmsECFirearms
    Participant

Thanks,
    JB

Ruger American Predator series. Street price around $360. These guns are accurate, reliable, and affordable. You can find guys on youtube that are shooting these out past 1000 ft.

“Second Amendment – Either you are helping pull the wagon, getting a free ride in the wagon, or trying to take away the wagon. Which one are you?” -- IAShooters

Participant

Quote by: ECFirearms

Thanks,
    JB

Ruger American Predator series. Street price around $360. These guns are accurate, reliable, and affordable. You can find guys on youtube that are shooting these out past 1000 ft.

Wasn’t that a 6.5 CM? Like any .223, the effective range is around 600 yards and IMO, the break in of the barrel is the biggest key to the accuracy of the gun along with a few other features of the gun.

Participant

If you are looking for minute of coyote, the Axis XP at Walmart is good enough. The Axis II cost about the same but you get the accutrigger and have to buy your own optic. If you want to take rabits at 300 yards, the accutrigger makes the difference.

Dicks had the TC Compass on sale for about $200 after rebate. It is another good entry level rifle and magazines are cheaper.

Participant

Bought a Savage Axis on sale-with a $75 Rebate, threw on a rifle basix trigger, and a Boyd’s stock. That ran about $400ish.

Then added a Leuopold VX2 3-9 and a pair of Burris rings, that I had laying around.

The gun shoots 1/2 MOA with handloads. Nice Gun for not a ton of money and pretty to look at with the Boyd Stock.

Good luck with the search, keep us updated on what you end up getting!

ECFirearmsECFirearms
    Participant

Quote by: fisher24

Quote by: ECFirearms

Thanks,
    JB

Wasn’t that a 6.5 CM? Like any .223, the effective range is around 600 yards and IMO, the break in of the barrel is the biggest key to the accuracy of the gun along with a few other features of the gun.

ya, it was a 6.5CM. Just a blanket statement that given the right caliber, the Americans can do the job if the shooter can.

“Second Amendment – Either you are helping pull the wagon, getting a free ride in the wagon, or trying to take away the wagon. Which one are you?” -- IAShooters

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.