Home Forums Fishing Ice Fishing Lithium Ion for depth finders

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Have many of you switched to Lithium? If so, is it worth it? Do you need a special charger ?

WidowmakerWidowmaker
    Participant
    Up
    Down

In my opinion, it’s totally worth it.  Longer usage time, less weight.  Mine did require a special charger.

cowboycowboy
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Interesting.  How do you think the longevity will compare?

Participant
    Up
    Down

my panoptix took 1 and a half 9AH SLA batteries to run all day.  I can get by with 1 10AH lithium for about a day and a half of fishing.

sparkiesparkie
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Mskursh—sorry, I sent you a PM–great to have that option back, but I just meant to post here—-do you use a Lithium specific charger also?

hotrodhotrod
    Participant
    Up
    Down

If you like to move around a lot, then yes the Lithium batteries are the way to go.  If you like to shack up and stay put for the day then the money probably isn’t worth it.  Prices have dropped a lot in the last 5 years, many companies now offer a lithium for finders.  Really it is only $25 more to go lithium. (6-8amh) which is all a flasher needs.

2 advantages: 1- weigh less   2- can be charged about 5 times as much as a typical lead/acid battery.

I have used a 9amh lithium going on 6 years now, not one problem yet and I typically would charge it 3 times per week during the ice fishing season.

Participant
    Up
    Down

I have switched to Lithium in 2 of my Vexliar locators. The weight is noticeable. Quit charging on July 4th because I charge when I store them. Will last till next season.

Have a 36 volt DeWalt dill that turns my augers. Purchased in 2006. Batteries still take a charge and last most of the day depending like all other drills ice thickness and auger size.

Participant
    Up
    Down

I have switched to Lithium in 2 of my Vexliar locators. The weight is noticeable. Quit charging on July 4th because I charge when I store them. Will last till next season.

Have a 36 volt DeWalt dill that turns my augers. Purchased in 2006. Batteries still take a charge and last most of the day depending like all other drills ice thickness and auger size.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.