Home Forums Hunting Predator/Varmint Hunting Lion sightings

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

I’ve only heard of two sightings this past yr. One occurred North of Union 1.5 miles. The other sighting was near Cedar Rapids.

• This topic was modified 8 months ago by coydog.
    kel
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Cousins daughter lives up by Jewel, they have one on their trail cam and their neighbor saw it while deer hunting this past fall. They found a deer killed that looked like possible Mt lion and have found scratch marks on trees.

coydog
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I visited with two elderly people who’s land butted up to the Iowa river. Near Albion Iowa. That occurred 2yrs ago.  Their son hunts deer back in that timber as well as the elderly neighbors land.  He came across a transmission line pole. Where a lion raked the pole on both sides. Appeared that pole has been raked numerous times. I’ve seen the pic he took of the pole. The elderly people next door. They seen a lioness & 2 sub adults in tow 2 yrs ago. Not far form their house. Their land also butts up to the river bottom.

Finns
    Participant
    coydog
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Yep seen it yesterday.

Whip
    Participant
    Up
    Down

That line on using sharp objects to attack the lions eyes is interesting. Good luck with that handy piece of advice.  Here in Wyoming the suggestions are to make yourself appear as big as possible, don’t run away, fight like heck, use pepper spray and shoot the lion if you have the means to do so. Do not play dead they will eat you alive. Good news not many lions attacks here and we have lots of lions. Not many people but lots of wildlife.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Whip.

Whip

live4fall
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Just read that one was hit and killed by a vehicle yesterday in Illinois.

A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends upon the character of the user- Teddy Roosevelt

sledman
    Participant
    Up
    Down

One of my brother in laws seen 1 crossing Highway 1 south of Cedar River  on top the hill

Greg 57
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Anyone hear more about the one that was in Indianola a couple of weeks ago?

Greg 57
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Hey, Whip. It’s good to see you are still on here.

I wasn’t in Baggs a couple weeks ago and thought about contacting you.

but we left earlier than we had planned and were busy chasing Antelope

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.