Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum linn grove

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Does anybody know the condition of the dam in linn grove?

Participant

In my area, the little sioux has opened up a BUNCH in the past 36-48 hours.

Participant

Cool..thanks for the info…I’m so ready for open water and some walleyes. ..been so long I’m starting to get twitchy

I hope no one posts the dam is in poor condition…that’ll be the next one to go

Participant

heard it was open but had some ice floating around

Participant

My buddies were ice fishing on 2 ft of ice around peterson last weekend on the river…. I know things can change on the river pretty quickly though.

Participant

Quote by: wallybanger101

My buddies were ice fishing on 2 ft of ice around peterson last weekend on the river…. I know things can change on the river pretty quickly though.

It was locked up tight around here saturday, and yesterday it was 90% ice free, she opened up in a hurry with the rain and warm weather.

Participant

Still a fair amount of ice in places by Cherokee but also a lot of open water. The water is really stirred up as it came up a few feet in the last week so the fishing is most likely poor at best. Last week friday I did well fishing for walleye on the ice by petersen but that ended pretty quick.

Blocked

Quote by: DWC

I hope no one posts the dam is in poor condition…that’ll be the next one to go

Sorry to be the one to tell you but there has been rumors of removing it for a few years now. Yes it has some issues. But as far as I know nothing in the near future. The water is very stained and dirty. I’ say blue creek chubs still fished on the bottom may be your best bet right now.

Ahh rumors are about all they were. I dont see much more money getting put into it for repairs though. I would imagine in 20 years or so most of the low head dams will be gone. Sad.

Participant

I was talking last fall to the guy that sold a large area on the north side of the dam to the county. They are planning to install campsites and other structures to compliment the area in the very near future.

😀 😀 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.