Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum Like it or hate it

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Guys please give me your opinion on this boat. I like the versatility of it. I can river fish, lake fish, pond fish etc. Could take a buddy if I wanted to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHutY1J1dQM

Participant

Before I could seriously consider one of these, I would have to know what they cost as compared to a Dolphin or a 12-14′ Jon boat. Many will laugh, but my buddy has a two man Dolphin paddle boat with rod holders, cooler storage, biminy, etc…, and we have caught a crap ton of fish out of ponds and small lakes with it. Good exercise to boot!

Participant

Doesn’t look like a bad watercraft, but notice the water conditions in the video. In every shot the water is calm. I’m sure this craft would be fine in those conditions but how would it do in choppy water? Not so well I’m guessing.

Participant

Cool!

I have a predator xl kayak with a built in trolling motor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx1sBVqwgFA I can troll basically all day on a single charge. I got it in December and it’s already been to the ocean (texas gulf), minnesota, wisconsin etc.. It’s a blast and I’ve never even been a little bit worried about it tipping, I can stand up on it and rock back and forth even.

You steer with your feet. (and I have rod holders bolted to the front and a fish finder) I’ve had so much luck in Wisconsin with it that I feel like I’m doing something illegal, stealthily cruising around 7-8 mph and trolling, it’s just awesome!

And it’s light enough that I can toss it in anywhere. I’ll definitely be in it all this weekend. 🙂

Participant

I don’t get the round boat but that yak looks awesome

Participant

Quote by: JPenny

Doesn’t look like a bad watercraft, but notice the water conditions in the video. In every shot the water is calm. I’m sure this craft would be fine in those conditions but how would it do in choppy water? Not so well I’m guessing.

exactly. there is another brand of those disc boats out there and the question was asked at some demo they were doing and the guy basically said, its good for calm waters. anything else and its pretty awful.

Participant

Quote by: mskursh

Quote by: JPenny

exactly. there is another brand of those disc boats out there and the question was asked at some demo they were doing and the guy basically said, its good for calm waters. anything else and its pretty awful.

Be a bit hard to turn into a breeze that might come up.😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.