Home Forums Hunting Deer Hunting Light draw weight questions:arrow rest and broad heads

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Light draw weight questions:
    My wife shoots a bow with a 40# draw. Would a drop away rest still work for her? I shoot Trophy Taker and I like to keep our stuff the same when I can (it’s just easier that way). She is shooting Tekan broad heads and I want to switch her to a fixed blade, what would you guys recommend for a 40# draw to get the best penetration.
    Thanks

Participant
    Up
    Down

A drop away would work fine at that poundage. As far as broadheads go and penetration with only 40#’s of draw weight I would look for something with a really sharp point like a montec G5 or a NAP hellrazor to get the best penetration possible. Definitely work on shot placement because that will be key at that poundage.

Participant
    Up
    Down

shouldnt be any reason you cant put the same rest on hers and use the same broadheads on a 40# bow you can use the same arrows if you really wanted too but i would suggest a lighter arrow for your wifes and now days there are so many different broadheads if you want to keep them the same then i would go with 100g and my personal favorite is the striker by G5

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.