Home Forums Miscellaneous Camping Lifestraw Water Filter

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

any of you guys/gals ever use one of these? thinking about adding 1 or 2 to my little bug-out bag and just curious.

Thanks!

Participant

My son took one on a Boundary Waters excursion, and he said it worked great.

Participant

I sent one with my sister when she went to swaziland africa,,she used it the entire time she was there…6 months…better safe tan sorry.. esp. in remote areas..

Participant

I take one camping/canoe trips. I’ve used it a few times. Works pretty slick.

Participant

A couple years ago I got very lost mushroom hunting on a really humid day and ended up running out of bottled water. I was glad I had one of these in my pack. Drank out of a muddy creek with it and never got sick.

Participant

I bought a 2 pack for bug out bags and a family size for my home kit. Just understand their limitations they are primarily anti organism and anti particulate. contaminants that are in solution will not be filtered out.

Participant

I take one trout fishing with me every year in NE Iowa. It is alot easier to carry for long distances than a water bottle, plus it will never run dry. Be sure to follow the instructions and it should last you for a very long time. I highly recommend them.

Participant

I like it, but prefer the one that is built into a water bottle. In that case you can just scoop a bottle full from the stream or whatnot and carry it with you to drink as needed.

Participant

I have heard good things, although as said remember limitations. Good for bacteria, virus, and particulate, but chemical contamination is not always filtered. This can make it great for wilderness applications if you believe the water source is free of those.

I would not have used one on my trips to some third world counties where chemical contamination is a concern. Although that varies greatly by specific destination.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.