Home Forums Hunting Firearms Lever action question

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Grabagun.com is usually a little bit cheaper than buds. Both are good choices.

http://grabagun.com/firearms/rifles-for-sale/lever-action-rifles.html?caliber=2815&manufacturer=2427

16″ and 20″ steel 44 Mag for 622+8 shipping.

Participant

I really do like the Henry lever actions and think they are worth paying a bit extra. The fit and finish of the wood is fantastic and when you hold one in your hands you can just get a feel for the American craftsmanship that went into producing that rifle. Once you get it broken in the lever action is nice and smooth. There are some differences in how the various lever actions load and eject cartridges. All the Henrys load via a magazine tube and eject to the side. Some brands have side loading and/or top ejection, the latter of which can preclude the use of a scope. It really depends on your price point and personal preferences.

ECFirearmsECFirearms
    Participant

Quote by: iceking25

So I before was having the caliber debate I actually did the happy dance when I found out you could get .44 mag So that is what I chose.
    My one question is, Rossi, and Henry.
    Is the henry worth the extra $
    Is the Rossi decent?

I have heard the New marlins are better i know there was a QA issue but they since got that fixed.

If the Henry is worth the Money I will consider getting that.

Go for the Henry, long term you will be happy with the better quality firearm.

something to think about is a .44 Mag in a bolt action. I picked up a new Ruger 77/44 last week, they discontinued them last year but they can be found yet.

โ€œSecond Amendment โ€“ Either you are helping pull the wagon, getting a free ride in the wagon, or trying to take away the wagon. Which one are you?โ€ -- IAShooters

Participant

I would check out gunbroker and see if you can find a JM stamped Marlin in 44 mag. Otherwise, I would get the Henry.

Participant

:mrgreen: Just in Case any of you wondered I totally bought the Henry Big Boy in.44 mag,

AND ITS AWESOME!!!

Participant

Quote by: iceking25

:mrgreen: Just in Case any of you wondered I totally bought the Henry Big Boy in.44 mag,

AND ITS AWESOME!!!

Great ๐Ÿ˜€ Be careful though, leverguns are addictive.

Participant

Quote by: deaddogwalkin

Get the henry. It will be well worth it as far as quality. The rossi will only shoot hit the target if you press it up to the target and pull the trigger. then there is a 50/50 chance that you will either miss or the gun won’t fire.

I have a ’90’s vintage Rossi in .44-40 that is accurate and has been shot quite a bit. Mostly cowboy shoots, no problems and smoothed out after the first couple hundred rounds ๐Ÿ˜€

Participant

The hardware store in Elkader has a pretty good collection of Henry’s, just in case anyone is traveling that way and wants to handle one.

BTW, I have no affiliation with the store, just happened on them while wandering around. B)

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.