Home Forums Late Season Pheasant Hunting Last weekend of the pheasant season

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    Up
    Down

This is the last weekend of the Iowa pheasant season. Weather looks great for one last opportunity to hunt birds.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

I spent the morning hunting in Cherokee County. A lot of birds still remained but, as is typical in January, they were very wild. Use blockers if possible and remember, even when a flock flushes, there will still be a few wily roosters holding tight. Good luck and be safe!

cowboycowboy
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Dang I would love to get out.  New pup this year that’s not ready so I haven’t gone, but maybe if it was just her it would be a good learning opportunity

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

How old is your pup? Don’t introduce a dog until basic obedience has been mastered as well as exposure to guns. Good luck if you go!

WhipWhip
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Wish I was there our pheasant season here in Wyoming ended Dec 31st. Hope you found good numbers of birds this year. Due to the drought we were short on pheasants this year but still found a few. I have a new pup  and I have tried to get him on as many birds as I can. He just turned a year old last week and has lots to learn but has done some good things. I had him on lots of ducks early and he did pretty well. We are still able to hunt huns and chuckars until the end of the month so he will get some more opportunities.

Whip

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.