Home Forums Hunting Deer Hunting Land owner tags

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quick questions guys.

My first season getting Land owner tags

Can I get an any sex bow tag like I normally would, landowner any sex shotgun that can be used for first and second season, landowner doe tag for shotgun season that can be used for both first and second, land owner doe bow tag, and finally any sex late muzzy tag? Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks.

GOAT

big38
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Yes you can.

GOAT
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Sweet! Thanks!!

Bung
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Can you get landowner tags as a non-resident for the reduced cost?

IA at heart
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Can you get landowner tags as a non-resident for the reduced cost?

No, unfortunately you can not. Kind of stinks if you ask me personally but regardless, the answer is no. You must get into the lottery, pay $600 or so and may or may not get drawn for a tag. If you keep at it though, you will likely get drawn by year 3 of doing this and pretty much for certain by year 4 as you accumulate preference points each year you are not drawn. Good luck!

Edit – Just to clarify after re-reading your post, you can not get landowner tags for ANY cost as a non-resident.

jalariso
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Actually the answer is no. This is copied from the regs. I would suggest you read it and not rely on asking questions on this forum about the law.

LOT General deer licenses are valid for
    taking deer of either sex during the season
    selected at the time the license is obtained.
    The license may be for any season. (Special
    eligibility requirements apply to the Youth and
    Disabled Hunter Season.) LOT General deer
    licenses for the shotgun seasons will be valid
    in both shotgun seasons but only one deer
    may be tagged. One General deer license is
    available for the landowner (or eligible family
    member) and one for the tenant (or eligible
    family member). If there is no tenant, only
    one General deer license is available for the
    farm unit.

Basically it says that there is only one General (either sex) deer license available for the landowner. You are good on
    the rest of the doe tags. In other words, in your question, you would have to choose between the shotgun and late muzzle season tag.

DGorman
    Participant
    Up
    Down

If the shotgun tag is a LOT, he can still by anysex late muzzy. I buy anysex bow, 1st sg doe, then anysex late muzzy. If I owned land worth hunting I would absolutely buy a landowner anysex sg tag.

rocky
    Participant
    Up
    Down

There must have been a misunderstanding of the question. A land owner can get 3 any sex tags. One lot for any season, one non lot bow and one non lot gun, plus various doe tags depending on county. to your question, yes. (antlered only seasons apply to lot’s)

jalariso
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I misunderstood the OP question. I completely agree with Rocky.

Maverick
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: GOAT

Quick questions guys.

My first season getting Land owner tags

Can I get an any sex bow tag like I normally would, landowner any sex shotgun that can be used for first and second season, landowner doe tag for shotgun season that can be used for both first and second, land owner doe bow tag, and finally any sex late muzzy tag? Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks.

GOAT

You might want to double check on the bolded part. You can get landowner shotgun tags for any sex that run both seasons but I’m not sure the antlerless tags do. I think they are still by season. I very well could be wrong.

flyfishr
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Ok, I haven’t looked at the new hunting guide book for this yr yet, but I’m sure things haven’t changed from last yr for Land Owner/Tenant tags. Land Owners/Tenants are eligible I believe for a anysex bow, an antlerless bow, and then a anysex tag in either the early or late muzzle loader or shotgun one/shotgun two seasons. You have to decide which of the three seasons you want it in as you can only get one. If you choose a anysex in these seasons I don’t believe you can get a antlerless tag for shotgun one or two it would have to be in the late muzzle loader season. I believe you can get a LOT anterless tag for bow, not sure if it would be in the 1st bow or the second bow season or both as I don’t bow hunt. Also you can buy all the paid tags that you are eligible for also.

rocky
    Participant
    Up
    Down

” I would suggest you read it and not rely on asking questions on this forum about the law.”
    X2

flyfishr
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Ok I went and looked. Since I don’t bow hunt I can’t really say on the bow hunting. But I think bow is separate from the gun seasons just like it is for the resident paid tags. But you can get 4 landowner tags. 1 – $2 general deer, 1 – $2 antlerless, and 2 – $13 antlerless you also have to register your land with the IDNR to qualify to be able to get these deer licenses. If it was the 15th of aug I could tell you the other tags you could get with a general deer tag for the shotgun 1/2 season as I could do a online tag buy and I could see if bow is separate or in addition to gun seasons. You can also buy all the resident paid tags you are entitled to also. But if you don’t get yourself registered with the IDNR for landowner/tenant licenses all you will be able to get are the regular resident paid tags.

mushroom_man
    Participant
    Up
    Down

you can get one LOT any sex tag.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.