Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum lakemaster versus navionics

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey Runngun675

If one decides to go with the Navionics+ but does not pay the update at the end of the year are they stuck with the regions already on their chip OR can they still select new ones?

whip2

whip2

Participant

Quote by: whip2

Hey Runngun675

If one decides to go with the Navionics+ but does not pay the update at the end of the year are they stuck with the regions already on their chip OR can they still select new ones?

whip2

The card is a one time download. So once you’ve picked your states your done regardless of the update. The pay part is after the 1st year if you want to update the card for the most recent info and any added lakes. I wouldn’t update it every year unless you hear something specific that got added your itching for other wise every 5 years or so would get you by if you even did it then. I haven’t upgraded mine since I’ve had it which is going on 5 years and I have no plans to .

Participant

Switched to the Lowrance Gen 2 12 inch touch screen this past year and the chip I have for it does not include the dredge cuts in the little lake at Clear Lake….Does anyone know if the latest version has it like my lake master chip did? Talked to a few different people and have not been able to get a confident answer.

Loomis13Loomis13
    Participant

Quote by: Runngun675

Quote by: whip2

Hey Runngun675

whip2

The card is a one time download. So once you’ve picked your states your done regardless of the update. The pay part is after the 1st year if you want to update the card for the most recent info and any added lakes. I wouldn’t update it every year unless you hear something specific that got added your itching for other wise every 5 years or so would get you by if you even did it then. I haven’t upgraded mine since I’ve had it which is going on 5 years and I have no plans to .

Even if you don’t fill up the card the first time you download lakes onto it, you cant go back and add other lakes/areas later?

Participant

River Rat,

Can’t you download the micro chip onto your computer than reload onto full sized chip??

Maybe get an adapter (I have one) that you put micro chip into and than insert into depthfinder?

Maybe this will work for you.

Heuy

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.