Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum Lake Poinsett

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Any anglers know what bait shops are around Lake Poinsett, South Dakota–near De Smet South Dakota. Appreciate any feedback. Heading out this upcoming weekend and have never fished this lake. Thanks and hope someone has some advice. Robbie. 🙂

Participant

The bait box in Lake Preston will have all the gear, bait, and knowledge in the area you should need to get on fish. Couple that with the Dakota Anglet in Souix Falls and you should be good to go.
    Good luck!!!

Participant

De Smet is a good ways away from Poinsett. If you are looking for minnows and crawlers there are places on the west side of the lake that have stuff. Most have tackle as well. The gas station in Arlington also has minnows and crawlers.

Participant

I second the gas station in Arlington. De Smet is a ways out of the way but the Bait Box is in Lake Preston which is halfway between Arlington and De Smet. Be prepared to catch a lot of walleyes but most will be under the legal limit. Lake Poinsett has been hammered the last 3-4 years and while there are nice fish to be caught they are hard to come by. If you are staying in De Smet I would fish Lake Thompson. Its a much larger lake but has a great population of perch, walleye, and 13-15 inch crappie. Any questions shoot me a PM.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.