Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum Lake Mcbride

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello: Anybody have a Lake Mcbride report ? Crappies , Walleyes ? Planning to go tomorrow and I will give a report. Good Luck . O – R

Participant

Went out yesterday before dawn. Not a single bite. There are a lot of Pelicans all over the lake…….thousands. Not sure if they are impacting the bite or not, but they are not really too afraid of humans it seems. Good luck! Should turn on any time now.

Participant

Quote by: Mengo

Went out yesterday before dawn. Not a single bite. There are a lot of Pelicans all over the lake…….thousands. Not sure if they are impacting the bite or not, but they are not really too afraid of humans it seems. Good luck! Should turn on any time now.

There are a lot of pelicans on that lake. I drive from Solon to North Liberty to get to work and I couldn’t believe how many birds there were.

Participant

whats the temp, water clarity? thinking about going out Thursday afternoon… if not too windy, rainy

Participant

They are still in deep water. Look arond 20 – 25 FOW over stumps or brush.

NorhawkNorhawk
    Participant

I was out last Saturday with my brother-in-law. There were definitely a lot of pelicans out! Didn’t get a single bite either. Water temp was from 48-49 degrees. We did see some crappie suspended in 15 FOW. Hopefully the temps will be up soon. Also had to battle the wind as well.

Participant

We were out last Saturday. The crappie we found were in 25′ suspended and following bait fish. Tough fishing in the wind.

Participant

Hello : I was not able to go fishing today so I don’t have any report. With a little luck I hope to get out there sometime next week. Good Luck. O – R

Participant

Quote by: Kollinjg

They are still in deep water. Look arond 20 – 25 FOW over stumps or brush.

thank you for the info, I’ll be out there checking the deeper water mostly with double jigs . should be fun with little wind to contend with.

Participant

Been out four Times in past week- very very slow. 2 strippers and a cat- no walleyed. Tried cranks, jigging plastics, casting. Guess I will try night crawlers next

On.IowaOn.Iowa
    Participant

Quote by: rlewis3841

Been out four Times in past week- very very slow. 2 strippers and a cat- no walleyed. Tried cranks, jigging plastics, casting. Guess I will try night crawlers next

2 strippers? I’d call that a heckuva good day. Unless they were the meth-head kind, then maybe not so much.

NorhawkNorhawk
    Participant

Quote by: rlewis3841

I also tried crawlers as well and still no bite…. 😐

Participant

just 3 crappies and a smaller walleye 12 to 15 fow. I think maybe the lake is turning over as green globs floating in some deeper areas. it was a lot more windy then expected but still a good time as away from work

Participant

Quote by: gillsandspecks

just 3 crappies and a smaller walleye 12 to 15 fow. I think maybe the lake is turning over as green globs floating in some deeper areas. it was a lot more windy then expected but still a good time as away from work

I’ve noticed many lakes are starting to look like that now. Temps seem to be getting in the lower to upper 50s everywhere.

Participant

I haven’t fished McBride in years but now that I seem to have some extra time on my hands————I just retired—————was thinking about heading up that way and giving it a try. Thanks for any help.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.