Home Forums Fishing Toothy Critter Fishing Lake MacBride

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    I want to try Lake MacBride for Muskie but have never been on the lake because I never wanted to use my electric everywhere. Just recently got a little flatbottom that I can put a 6hp on and was wondering if anyone would share some of your Musky spots for me just to get started on the lake?
    Thanks

Participant

I’m not a musky fisherman but I’ve caught a handful around the islands in the spring and fall on crankbaits, typically when the water is under 60 degrees. I’ve also caught a few in the summer pulling #11 flicker minnows and #7 jointed shad raps behind boards in open water. Most of the fish I’ve caught have been in the low to mid 30″ range.

Participant

Thank you sir.
    They were Pure Muskie right, not Tigers?

Participant

Are there any weed flats in it or good submergent week cover? Any good maps available?

Thanks

Participant

The Iowa DNR site has some maps. Attached is what they have for Macbride.

http://www.iowadnr.gov/Portals/idnr/uploads/fish/maps/mac52.pdf

Participant

Thanks

BrandonUSMCBrandonUSMC
    Participant

Quote by: ICEMAN101

I’m not a musky fisherman but I’ve caught a handful around the islands in the spring and fall on crankbaits, typically when the water is under 60 degrees. I’ve also caught a few in the summer pulling #11 flicker minnows and #7 jointed shad raps behind boards in open water. Most of the fish I’ve caught have been in the low to mid 30″ range.

yep thats where i have caught them before

Participant

Where are the islands?

Participant

Found a couple maps but I don’t see any islands.

Participant

Most of the vegetation on the lake is invasive and doesn’t hold many fish. I think most of the muskies are relating to rock structure or are following shad in open water.

There are a handful of very small islands on both the north shore of the north arm and the south shore of the south arm.

Participant

Thanks again everyone

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.