Home Forums Miscellaneous Camping Lake Icaria?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Anyone ever stayed down there? Just curious as the wife and a couple friends of ours are going to spend the weekend there.
    Anything we should know? Anything we should absolutely do?

Participant

I don’t know much to do around there because all I do is fish. I can say the campground is very nice I’ve stayed there twice this year and will be this weekend as well. Nice facilities and solid shore access if you don’t have a boat and want to fish. Corning does have a dirt track about 5 minutes from the lake if I remember right might be something going on there.

Participant

Quote by: Runngun675

I don’t know much to do around there because all I do is fish. I can say the campground is very nice I’ve stayed there twice this year and will be this weekend as well. Nice facilities and solid shore access if you don’t have a boat and want to fish. Corning does have a dirt track about 5 minutes from the lake if I remember right might be something going on there.

Adams County Speedway runs Saturday nights. They have a website somewhere.

Participant

http://www.acspeedway.com
    Also, 3 C’s diner in Corning placed 2nd in the Iowa Pork producers best tenderloin contest last year if you’re into that kind of thing. It’s a small cafe right on hwy 148.
    The crappie and catfish bite is really good right now.

Participant

Quote by: chasefan31

http://www.acspeedway.com
    Also, 3 C’s diner in Corning placed 2nd in the Iowa Pork producers best tenderloin contest last year if you’re into that kind of thing. It’s a small cafe right on hwy 148.
    The crappie and catfish bite is really good right now.

Any size to the crappies?

Participant

Yes, they’re pretty good ones. A lot of 11-13″. You can see some photos of some catches and the camping renovations on their facebook page if you search lake icaria adams county.

Participant

I have stayed there several times and was just there last week. They have remodeled some of the cabins and added showers, running water, and a toilet. They also remodeled the showers for the camp ground. If you are fishing the walleyes were biting, but were about 10-13 inches. The crappie were biting as well. I have some friends down there now and they said the water is 62 degrees.

Participant

I have stayed in the cabins and they are very nice. HOWEVER they do not have a stove in the cabin. There is a sink, a frig, a microwave…………….never understood why there was never a stove. Of course not knowing this we never took our camp stove with us.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.