Kia autos 2018-03-06T10:11:31+00:00

Home Forums Miscellaneous General Banter Kia autos

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Does anyone here have an opinion on Kia automobiles. I’m looking at the price and the warranty. I trust your opinions more than the online reviews. thanks

feistman147
    Participant

I have owner 2 since 2006. Both of them were bought new. Drove the first one for 6 years then traded it in for my current one that I have driven for 6 years now. Put 102,000 miles on the first one and have 87,000 miles on the current vehicle. I have never had a brake-down. Never had one in for a repair. Never had one fail to start. Gas mileage never lived up to what was stated on the sticker though. Was supposed to get 23-25 city and 28-33 hwy. Gets 20 or so city and 30 hwy. If I go faster than 70 mph. the mileage will drop off.

IowaSportsmanGuy
    Participant

Kia/Hyundai have come a long way in quality and reliability. I wouldn’t have bought one 15 years ago but now they are on par. They’ve even been assembling a couple models in Georgia if that matters to you.

binsevasy
    Blocked

Hej jestem z Polski. Hi i am from Poland. binsger

binsevasy
    Blocked

Hej jestem z Polski. Dzieki za przyjecie. Moge pomoc w czyms?

Jawilor
    Participant

We’ve owned 2 Kia Optimas and they have been great cars.  The 1st one had 70k-80K miles, can’t remember, when it was sideswiped by a semi on I-80 a few years ago.  We replaced it with the same model Optima which now has close to 100K miles.  Both are the SX-TDi (turbo) models and are pretty fun to drive.  Comparing the pricing, features, and options offered, we chose the Optima over Ford and Chevy sedans.  Other than tires and oil changes, the only time either car was in the shop was for service bulletins/recalls.  We had no issues, but had the work done anyway.

You should buy the Kia Stinger, it’s basically an Optima with twin turbos.

mbchilton
    Participant

Terrible resale value. If you buy one you should plan on keeping it for awhile.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.