Home Forums Hunting Firearms Legislation Keyboard Commandos

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Blocked

Quote by: BrownItsDown

Quote by: llewellinsetter

I get enough face to face time with my reps that I don’t have to send emails.

I’ll bet they LOVE that… πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Joke all you want, but my family has been in multiple aspects of politics from campaign management, Congressional chief of staff, Judge, GOP chair, Congressional candidates etc., since the Nixon campaign. I’ve had many dinners and meetings with pundits, lobbyists, governors, legislators, foreign leaders, presidential candidates etc. This doesn’t make me any better than anyone else, BUT, it does give me a personal insight to the way things actually work in local, state and national politics.

Sarcasm entails a few things: one of them is intellect, another one is a sense of humor, and a third - not taking things too personally.

Participant

BUT, it does give me a personal insight to the way things actually “work” in local, state and national politics.

Or things don’t work. πŸ™„ πŸ™„ πŸ™„

Participant

Joke all you want, but my family has been in multiple aspects of politics from campaign management, Congressional chief of staff, Judge, GOP chair, Congressional candidates etc., since the Nixon campaign. I’ve had many dinners and meetings with pundits, lobbyists, governors, legislators, foreign leaders, presidential candidates etc. This doesn’t make me any better than anyone else, BUT, it does give me a personal insight to the way things actually work in local, state and national politics.

I’ll bet you have some good stories.

Participant
    Participant

Thanks, EC. That was like hitting the easy button.

Participant

You come across like you sure think you’re better than everyone else llewellinsetter. Instead of talking down your nose to the rest of us, why don’t you humbly impart us with your wisdom? Communication goes MUCH smoother when courteous words are exchanged. I would think that with ALL of that time you’ve spent schmoozing with politicians, you’d have learned that by now.

Participant

Brown, i mean this with the utmost respect, can you cool it? Coming at people like a spider monkey is not the way to win over people. It seems you’ve just had some personal awakening after Parker FL. I don’t begrudge anyone being passionate about things but there’s an expression about flies liking honey better than vinegar.

Best wishes to you all my fellow keyboard commandos.

Participant

Contacted the NRA, White House and IA senators. I also used the link below. Make some noise!

llewellinsetterllewellinsetter
    Blocked

For what it’s worth, you are much better off making phone calls than sending emails.
    Form emails don’t mean squat because it’s too damn easy. Personal emails, then actual snail mail and then phone calls is the natural “ladder”. With enough phone calls or personal letters regarding the same issue there will be at least some form of action because it shows it’s actually important to take the time to do it instead of signing your name to a for mail. If those calls were to suggest a town hall on the subject and there were enough of them you could possibly actually be heard.
    But what do I know.

Sarcasm entails a few things: one of them is intellect, another one is a sense of humor, and a third - not taking things too personally.

Participant

Quote by: nahdogg

Brown, i mean this with the utmost respect, can you cool it? Coming at people like a spider monkey is not the way to win over people. It seems you’ve just had some personal awakening after Parker FL. I don’t begrudge anyone being passionate about things but there’s an expression about flies liking honey better than vinegar.

No offense taken nahdogg. I’ll admit it, I can be intense. There’s only been one member that I’ve unleashed my spider monkey kung-fu on though, and it’s for good reason. It started out with them constantly derailing my Firearms Legislation topic last week. Many of their comments were inaccurate, many were condescending or self-boasting, and many were personally insulting. I have noticed more of these same types of comments being made by the same member this week, and am calling them out. I apologize that everyone else is along for the ride, but that member asked me not to contact them directly through the IS Private Messages feature, so it’s been made impossible to me for the two of us to have a personal conversation with one another.

Intense (spider monkey) or not, all of my comments have pertained to the Topics being discussed, and are logical, but I get where you’re coming from. If my intensity is turning any other members off, I apologize, and ask you to look past my intensity and focus on what I am saying. If you feel that I am personally attacking you or other members, without good reason, please feel free to bring it to my attention, and I’ll stop.

cowboycowboy
    Participant

I would have to agree. The name calling and insulting both ways is taking away from the topic. I believe this was the intent of the OP for starting this thread.

Participant

Quote by: cowboy

I would have to agree. The name calling and insulting both ways is taking away from the topic. I believe this was the intent of the OP for starting this thread.

Rest assured cowboy, I received the passive aggressive ‘intent’ of TeamAsgrow for starting this thread.

Again… I’ll admit it, I can be intense. There’s only been one member that I’ve unleashed my spider monkey kung-fu on though, and it’s for good reason. It started out with them constantly derailing my Firearms Legislation topic last week. Many of their comments were inaccurate, many were condescending or self-boasting, and many were personally insulting. I have noticed more of these same types of comments being made by the same member this week, and am calling them out. I apologize that everyone else is along for the ride, but that member asked me not to contact them directly through the IS Private Messages feature, so it’s been made impossible to me for the two of us to have a personal conversation with one another.

Intense (spider monkey) or not, all of my comments have pertained to the Topics being discussed, and are logical, but I get where you’re coming from. If my intensity is turning any other members off, I apologize, and ask you to look past my intensity and focus on what I am saying. If you feel that I am personally attacking you or other members, without good reason, please feel free to bring it to my attention, and I’ll stop.

medicdanomedicdano
    Participant

Quote by: cowboy

Rest assured cowboy, I received the passive aggressive ‘intent’ of TeamAsgrow for starting this thread.

Again… I’ll admit it, I can be intense. There’s only been one member that I’ve unleashed my spider monkey kung-fu on though, and it’s for good reason. It started out with them constantly derailing my Firearms Legislation topic last week. Many of their comments were inaccurate, many were condescending or self-boasting, and many were personally insulting. I have noticed more of these same types of comments being made by the same member this week, and am calling them out. I apologize that everyone else is along for the ride, but that member asked me not to contact them directly through the IS Private Messages feature, so it’s been made impossible to me for the two of us to have a personal conversation with one another.

Nah, keep at it. Its free speech and I like it 😊

Participant

Quote by: medicdano

Nah, keep at it. Its free speech and I like it.

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Participant

I contacted my state rep and state senator with my ideas – gun safe tax deductions – more guns in the safe, less in the schools and hunters ed to be offered at all public schools.

Both of these items will be on the polk county republican platform – as I helped to author it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.