Home Forums Fishing Catfishing juggin’ in iowa lakes

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I could look it up but im sure the wise folks of iowa sportsman know with out looking

Can you set jugs on public iowa lakes?
    plain single hook,single line jugs?

Participant

I have never tried jug fishing but my gut feeling is you can but you can only have 2 single line jugs. You are probably going to have to break down and read the regulations. I believe there is a section on jugging, trot lines, and bank lines.

kelkel
    Participant

If I remember right, you can have 2 jugs, and have to be in sight of them at all times.

Participant

I believe that you can but only 2, or maybe 3 now with the new license, and you have to have them in sight at all times, can’t just turn them loose over night. The must be marked just like bank lines with full name and address. You might check on the new license option of adding another pole for $10.00 as I am really not sure if that would apply.

Participant

I got bored and looked it up for you

Jug Fishing

When jug fishing, you cannot use more than two jugs or more than two hooks on each jug. You cannot leave the jugs in the water unattended by being out of visual sight of the jugs. When jug fishing, you can fish either with one pole with line and one jug or fish with two jugs and no pole with line. A third line or jug may be fished when possessing a valid third line fishing permit.

Participant

Quote by: Nathan

Jug Fishing

When jug fishing, you cannot use more than two jugs or more than two hooks on each jug. You cannot leave the jugs in the water unattended by being out of visual sight of the jugs. When jug fishing, you can fish either with one pole with line and one jug or fish with two jugs and no pole with line. A third line or jug may be fished when possessing a valid third line fishing permit.

so i understand it from your findings (if you purchase the 3rd line) you can have a total of 6 hooks in the water(2 per line), and only 3 lines??

Participant

Quote by: shawn

Quote by: Nathan

Jug Fishing

so i understand it from your findings (if you purchase the 3rd line) you can have a total of 6 hooks in the water(2 per line), and only 3 lines??

Thats the way I understood it.

http://www.iowadnr.gov/portals/idnr/uploads/fish/regs_fish.pdf

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.