Home Forums Iowa Sportsman Gun Review

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    Up
    Down

Hello everyone!!

We are thinking about adding a gun review section to the magazine and possibly some video content for the website along with social media. We want to know what you guys would like to see! The idea is to focus on one gun or specific ammo once a month and give it an overall review.

What kind of information would you like to see from this? And what kind of content would you prefer, an article, video, etc?

We are always open to more suggestions if there is something you would like to see! If you have any other ideas send them my way! [email protected]

cowboycowboy
    Participant
    Up
    Down

That would be cool.  I don’t usually watch videos, but that doesn’t mean that most wouldn’t enjoy them.

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

Would you be more incline to just read the article?

cowboycowboy
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I would, yes.  But I’m not a video guy.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Hello everyone!! We are thinking about adding a gun review section to the magazine and possibly some video content for the website along with social media. We want to know what you guys would like to see! The idea is to focus on one gun or specific ammo once a month and give it an overall review. What kind of information would you like to see from this? And what kind of content would you prefer, an article, video, etc? We are always open to more suggestions if there is something you would like to see! If you have any other ideas send them my way! [email protected]

I would like to see it happen. I’ve owned quite a few firearms in my life. Personal experiences & opinions with each of them. Some I would buy again & some I wouldn’t. Personal reviews could save some a heartache. Or steer them into a worth owning firearm.

Perhaps if you go ahead. Have it’s own category(Firearm Reviews) with sub-category’s. Such as, Shotguns, Rifles, Pistols as well as ammunition for each. That proved to be accurate in a specific firearm.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Avatarcoydog.
    Keymaster
    Up
    Down

Hello everyone!! We are thinking about adding a gun review section to the magazine and possibly some video content for the website along with social media. We want to know what you guys would like to see! The idea is to focus on one gun or specific ammo once a month and give it an overall review. What kind of information would you like to see from this? And what kind of content would you prefer, an article, video, etc? We are always open to more suggestions if there is something you would like to see! If you have any other ideas send them my way! [email protected]

I would like to see it happen. I’ve owned quite a few firearms in my life. Personal experiences & opinions with each of them. Some I would buy again & some I wouldn’t. Personal reviews could save some a heartache. Or steer them into a worth owning firearm. Perhaps if you go ahead. Have it’s own category(Firearm Reviews) with sub-category’s. Such as, Shotguns, Rifles, Pistols as well as ammunition for each. That proved to be accurate in a specific firearm.

That’s kind of what we are thinking about. For me personally, I find personal testimonials and reviews on products helpful. Plus, it could be a great way for readers to learn about other firearms if they aren’t as familiar with them.

Participant
    Up
    Down

You nailed it.

Wish I could’ve read many reviews before buying a few firearms. Personally I don’t rely to much on 1 review. I take it in stride. But when many reviews on a firearm of or a specific caliber ammunition. I pay much closer attention. I believe for the most part. Hunters, shooters & firearm owners. Stay on track as to the truth.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Avatarcoydog.
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I would like to see videos.  That way you can see the guns in action, what they look like, ect. I would also read the articles.

Participant
    Up
    Down

This is a great idea.  There are thousands of years of combined experience across your subscribers, and I agree that personal testimonials are always best.  Written content supported by real-life videos would be fantastic similar to Chuckhawks and similar.

One thing I would recommend is that you focus on firearms within the reasonable price range of this audience.  I am always turned off by the large outdoor magazines’ focus on the highest-end manufacturers and models that don’t have marketshare.  Rem 870 and Moss 500 outnumber Ruger Red Labels and others 10:1. Maybe run a survey on how much money on average this audience would spend on the most common firearms they own.  For example:

Do you own one of the following types of shotgun (check all that apply)?

• Single shot
    • Pump shotgun
    • Semiauto
    • Over under
    • Side by side
    • Lever action

How much on average are  you willing to spend on a shotgun by type?

Once you have an idea about what the vast majority of your subscribers already own and what they would be willing to spend, you could narrow your reviews down to the most meaningful to the average Iowa Sportsman.

I would also make reloading a regular topic.  Given the current backlog on ammunition across the entire spectrum of firearms, it would be great to see dedicated content and videos on reloading.

Thank you for asking for our input!

Keymaster
    Up
    Down

Thank you for all the suggestions! And yes, we love having your inputs!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.