Home Forums Hunting Artifacts and Finds Indian point and possible rock tool?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Yesterday my 8 yr old found an indian point on our farm in an area by the house I had recently tilled for planting. A few years back my older son came up from the pasture excited that he had found an old ax head. Upon inspection, we determined that it was just a rock, but we kept it around since it was so neat. Now I’m wondering if it is an indian tool. Our farm is on a high location with a river and creeks that are close by. It is a piece of ground that has been farmed little and hadn’t had structures put on it until we moved here. I have pictures of each I’d love to share and get feedback on, but I don’t know how to add photos. Any tips?

Participant

Cant wait to see pictures. Use the search box above to find the instructions on posting pix. Search “posting photos”. Its really not that bad but why it cant be simpler i dont know?

Participant

I probably better come check this out and give my EXPERT opinion :mrgreen:

scruffyscruffy
    Participant
    Participant

Quote by: Rebeccab98

Yesterday my 8 yr old found an indian point on our farm in an area by the house I had recently tilled for planting. A few years back my older son came up from the pasture excited that he had found an old ax head. Upon inspection, we determined that it was just a rock, but we kept it around since it was so neat. Now I’m wondering if it is an indian tool. Our farm is on a high location with a river and creeks that are close by. It is a piece of ground that has been farmed little and hadn’t had structures put on it until we moved here. I have pictures of each I’d love to share and get feedback on, but I don’t know how to add photos. Any tips?

Do you live in Henry County?

Participant

You could bring the items to an artifact show. Sigourney hosts the Skunk river Artifact show on June 24. This show is sponsored by the Hawkeye State Archaeological Society, and I am a co-host. If you attend, just ask for Tom!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.