Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum If you could pick any lake or river???

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

Ok, let’s say you were going to go fishing at the end of this month for the weekend. You have to stay within an 8 hour radius…where would you pick to fish and why??

:mrgreen:

flyfishr
    Participant
    Up
    Down

White River near Mountain Home & Cotter Ar.

The Browns and Rainbows are really active this time of year

cyclones30
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Anywhere in the Boundary Waters canoe area (7.5 hours according to google maps)

[email protected]
    Up
    Down

The Red River in ND & lake Sam Rayburn in texas

TysonT
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Somewhere in Missouri for Bass… or Somewhere in Florida fishing for Peacok Bass .

IONewBe
    Participant
    Up
    Down

The DMAAC pond in Ankeny; the DNR spends a fortune stocking it with trout 🙄

Depends on what you want to catch and whether you want to sweat or freeze…

Jumbo Large mouth bass and warm weather?

Try Lake Fork in TX as the spring spawn is coming up: http://www.lakeforktexas.com/Pages/fork.html

That’s outside Dallas, so it’s about 10hrs.

http://lfmfr.com/

jpenland
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: flyfishr

I will second this place. Actually heading down in the middle of March for a week. You also have Lake Norfork, Bull Shoals lake, Buffalo river and the Norfork River all with in 30 minutes of Mountain Home. All of them have great fishing on them and all are clean water.

jighead-two
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Rainy River & Rainy Lake…Walleye, Northern, Crappie, Smallmouth, & Stugeon… Winter, Spring, Summer, & Fall 😉

gsiebrecht
    Participant
    Up
    Down

White River looks awesome this time of year. Will you take me with you?

shaley
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Pool 4 Red Wing MN , great Walleye and Sauger. Go on the WI side to Everets and Dean there will set you up.

Bassmaster B
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Pool 8, 9, or 10 on the Upper Mississippi. If I had to choose one it would be 10 since I have spent more time on that one, but I hear 9 is better yet. Beautiful place to be, great largemouth and smallmouth. Really is God’s Country up there!

tman
    Participant
    Up
    Down

DITTO on this location, those trout sure are fun to catch with a ultra lite pole. Been there a dozen times as a youngster and a few times as a adult.

lanesespn
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: jpenland

I will second this place. Actually heading down in the middle of March for a week. You also have Lake Norfork, Bull Shoals lake, Buffalo river and the Norfork River all with in 30 minutes of Mountain Home. All of them have great fishing on them and all are clean water.

ME 2!

Love that place!

Doc2175
    Participant
    Up
    Down

gsiebrecht….I will take you with me babe!! 😉

Ok. So, Mr. gsiebrecht and I as well as my father have decided to go check out the White River next weekend!! I had narrowed it down to “His Place” or “Rim Shoals” However, I see that Rim Shoals is catch and release. I was hoping to stay at a place that we could wade in or fish from the bank if we needed to. I am all about catch and release except when I am dying to eat one of those bad boys! Not to mention bring some home.

Just looked into “White Hole” as well. Any suggestions??

flyfishr
    Participant
    Up
    Down

If the water is down you can wade fish otherwise you will probably need to be in a boat. I don’t know what the current situation is with Bullshoals but if the lake level is still high they will be letting a pretty good flow of water out. I only made it down there once last year and it was the first time in 10 years that I never broke the flyrod out and never did any wade fishing on accout of the high water. Boy I hope you are tougher than I am. When its 90 degrees out during the summer its 104 on the river and the water temp is in the 35 – 40 degree range. The very first time I went down there with my friends they told me all I needed was jeans and some old tennis shoes to wade fish yeah right. I was in the water about an hour and it took me 3 days before I quit shaking and shivering. Then next time I went back I had waders.

Here is a pic of some of the bigger rainbows icaught last sept

gsiebrecht
    Participant
    Up
    Down

We picked up some waders with felt bottoms to help with the slippery rocks. They are only 200 thinsulate. We will bundle up underneath and hope this is warm enough….IF we even get a chance to wade.

Ps…this is Doc.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.