Home Forums Hunting Artifacts and Finds Identification help

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Hi people , about 10 years ago I had found a point while going to my fishing spot on the river in southern mn. Back then I had brought it into a area museum and they had told me it was from the archaic period , that is a spear head and its 10-12 bc. I have a hard time beleaving this and would like to get some feed back from you people . Problem is I can’t figure out how to get the pics up on here . Any help is appreciated .

Participant
    Up
    Down

here is a quick tutorial on how to post pictures. Send me a PM if you have any questions.

https://iowasportsman.com/forum/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=450045

Participant
    Up
    Down

I also updated the tutorial with instructions and screen prints from my IPhone these can be used for IPad as well.

Participant
    Up
    Down

It is likely that old. The Midwest I think has points found at sites going back to 11,000b.c. They are rocks and they can just be sitting there on the ground when erosion exposes them.

Participant
    Up
    Down

That’s how this was found . It was a steep hill where water ran down and it was a 4 wheeler trail . The 4 wheeler ruts dug town to it

Participant
    Up
    Down

That’s how this was found . It was a steep hill where water ran down and it was a 4 wheeler trail . The 4 wheeler ruts dug town to it

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: Bok2440

Hi people , about 10 years ago I had found a point while going to my fishing spot on the river in southern mn. Back then I had brought it into a area museum and they had told me it was from the archaic period , that is a spear head and its 10-12 bc. I have a hard time beleaving this and would like to get some feed back from you people . Problem is I can’t figure out how to get the pics up on here . Any help is appreciated .

I’d sure like to see it. I’d give you my two cents but I’m not an expert. I just enjoy looking for N.A. artifacts. Good luck getting the pictures up. If you take new pictures take them outside in natural lighting (shows the knapping scars better) of both sides of the artifact. Also put something beside the artifact for size reference (coin). Good luck!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.