Home Forums Fishing Ice Fishing Ice Virgin, going to Banner

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Going out to Banner today, any tips on where I should target or stay away from.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Id take a spud bar.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: iceking25

Id take a spud bar.

Check 😀

Participant
    Up
    Down

Yeah, please stay away from the southwest corner by the fishing dock. I lost my favorite rapala casting a little too close to a log there in the fall. Its probably still there for the taking if you find it on top of the log. 😀

OldbearOldbear
    Participant
    Up
    Down

If you are a ice virgin you might want to wait til it gets a little colder and the ice thicker. Not all ice is the same.

Mayor of Hickory Grove

Participant
    Up
    Down

If you are new to ice…………….please go with someone who has experience…….new ice can be tricky.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Any luck at Banner yesterday? I ice fished a small pond close to there yesterday for a couple hours. The ice was about 5-6 inches thick. The crappie and bluegill were biting pretty well.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: jereseib

Any luck at Banner yesterday? I ice fished a small pond close to there yesterday for a couple hours. The ice was about 5-6 inches thick. The crappie and bluegill were biting pretty well.

Nothing not even a bite.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Do you have electronics?

Participant
    Up
    Down

Fish with the crowd. You will be safer and socializing on the ice is fun and you will pick up some tips.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Were you able to find fishable ice at Banner? I was in that area over the weekend so I stopped by. The ice was extremely sketchy to say the least. I walked out about 20 feet to check it out and got into about a foot of slush and water so I hightailed it back to shore quickly. It looked like some open spots and alot of slushy ice everywhere. Im just wondering if it doesnt freeze very well since its down in that valley out of the wind? Either that or the water is so polluted that it doesnt ice over. 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.