Home Forums Fishing Ice Fishing Ice Outing Head Count HERE

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Unfortunately, Deb and I will not be able to make it. With the bad weather this year and Debs work schedule, we still have deer tags to fill yet. With the extra days, this weekend we hope to fill some tags. Hope everyone has a good and safe time. Sounds like a fish fryer would be a good idea, if the crappie are biting that good!! We will , however be at the Lake Manawa Ice fishing tourney on the 26th, this is a great tourney. And since it has been canceled the preceding two years, they say they’re having it this year, even if they have to rope off half the lake. The warehouse is stuffed full of great prizes. Even if you don’t win in the fish catagories, they give away alot of prizes in the afternoon drawings. Nice shanties, heaters, ice fishing gear, and lots more, along with big prizes for tagged fish. You turn in your name badge and they draw names out of a bucket. Last time, Deb won a new ice auger and another IO member with us won a bucket full of ice fishing gear. And the entry fee is only $10.00, go to http://www.winterfestderby.com to download entry forms or register that morning, start time is 7:00 am. We were out to the lake yesterday and there is 8-10 inches of ice throughout and with a cold snap coming, should be a foot or better by then. Hope ya’ll have alot of fun at Brushy and we’ll hav’ta catch ya’ll at the spring outing. 😉

Participant

Quote by: Tomhusker

What time is everyone looking to get there? It’s a long drive, so I gotta head out early to get there. Anybody from SW Iowa wanna ride along and split the gas, holler.

Bueller…… Bueller…….. Bueller

drifty4drifty4
    Participant

Well ya won’t find me on the ice, but by the food would be a different thing.

We will be there and look forward to seeing ya all.

Food and beverages always gets my attention. :mrgreen:

Genesis 27:3
    Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Participant

Ken what do you mean you won’t be on the ice? It is no different than walking on your frozen goldfish pond. Oh thats right they come in for the winter;)

Participant

Danny, Gwen called and asked that I ask you not to forget her! 😛

Bob

Participant

Ok Ricky Bobby you are not on fire and I didn’t know Gwen had your phone number. LOLROF 😆 😆 😆

Participant

I know Brushy is kinda iffy on ice sometimes, so just wondering if it is safe enuf for atv travel??
    Hope to be down saturday for some fishin, just won’t be able to attend the pot luck 😥 .
    Channel 7 for the radio’s ???

Mike

Participant

I am planning on making it, but won’t be there til sat eve. I hope someone will show me around to pick out a spot. it will suck having never been there before, trying to find a spot in the dark. Fat korean will not be there, so I don’t have to worry about being led onto thin ice. I plan on sleeping in my tent, unless there is someone that wants to split a room sat eve only. Look forward to putting some faces with the names. I probably won’t make it in time to eat:(

larry

d00buckd00buck
    Participant

Mike, radios on channel 7! 😉 Can’t help you with the ATV question..sorry!

Participant

Mike,

They are reporting 10 ro 14″ over most of the lake, still, use caution. Sometimes ice near the trees can be iffy. Glad you’re going to make it hoytarcher!

Bob

Participant

Ive said it before, all i need is a good excuse!! See you there!

larry

Participant

I’m counting about 22… ish, so far. Should be a party.
    I’ll have my site name in my Fish Trap Guide ID holder, plus the Mrs. is making a iowasportsman.com flag for me to fly. Nothing huge, but it will be noticable, white with a 10″ replica of the yellow I/O decal in the center.

Participant

Quote by: Tomhusker

plus the Mrs. is making a iowasportsman.com flag for me to fly. Nothing huge, but it will be noticable, white with a 10″ replica of the yellow I/O decal in the center.

That’s frickin awesome.. have her make two and I’ll buy one from ya!

Participant

Quote by: Snooter[that’s frickin awesome.. have her make two and I’ll buy one from ya!

LOL, she told me that would happen as soon as someone heard about it. We’ll see how mauch material she has and go from there, how’s that?

Participant

Hope this is ok me posting this here. I’ll be bringing a Frabill 2-man stand up fishing hut. I think its a speed shak. Older model. Plastic bottom, I can set it up around 5 min. most of the time :mrgreen: . I pull it with a home made sled. Its for sell. Make me a offer. It has few holes in the fabric and patches over some of them. The sled is part of the package deal. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.