Home Forums Fishing Ice Fishing Ice Outing Head Count HERE

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I will be there fri and sat unless I have to work friday evening. i will be fishing in the firemans tourney on sat also. will attend the potluck

Participant

Question… What road by the lake to take to where to find most of you ? I’m from Davenport. Going to come in on 20. Plus anyone else that wants to ride out with me. pm or email me.

Participant

I beleive vassey will take you south straight to the north boat ramp.

Participant

Still up in the air here. Sorry.

larry

Participant

Directions. Pinny is right about Vassey Ave, but it is harder to find the first time. When you get past Webster City by about 5 miles or so start looking for the Brushy Creek Park sign. You will turn south onto to Union Ave at that sign. Go south for about a mile or two and at the bottom of a steep hill you will see a bridge (over Brushy Creek), just before that bridge is a turnoff onto a gravel road heading east. This is 250th Street Take that road east to the next intersection which is Vassey Ave and the entrance to the North end of Brushy Creek. Turn south into the park and the road takes you right to the North boat ramp where the majority of all angler’s go during ice fishing season. I am unsure about the spelling of Vassey, as it may be spelled Vasse. None-the-less, you should recognize it. After that you can tool around and find all sorts of roads around the lake. Some paved, some not. Have fun.

Bob

Participant

i can’t go but i did want to remind those that are not to forget to get your ’08 licenses before the trip. i know i always forget something when packing…that would be a bad thing to forget!

jamie

Participant

The way that we always get to the north boat ramp is by following 20 east until we get to a pond on the north side of the road, the next road is vassey. turn on vassey and follow the gravel road which has no signs on it until you reach brushy creek north boat ramp. it is a straight shot from 20, but there is no signs until you reach the timber around brushy. if the timber is off to the right or the left of you then you are probably beside the lake instead of going straight to it. North boat ramp is the best area to access the best fish.

Participant

I might be up Saturday morning! I’m supposed to be getting a new refrigerator delivered to the house sometime that day so I may have to bail early. 🙄

Watch out for that Mountain Loin/House Cat up there!

Participant

The road to the north parking lot is half way between mile marker 132 and 131 on hiway 20.

There is some kind of tower on the sw corner of the intersection.

Participant

Looks like I’ll be over Saturday morning, truck and wife both ailing. 🙁

Participant

bump bump

Participant

What time is everyone looking to get there? It’s a long drive, so I gotta head out early to get there. Anybody from SW Iowa wanna ride along and split the gas, holler.

Participant

bump bump bump

Keymaster

Bob,

What does “bump, bump, bump” mean?

Participant

Mike it’s the same as TTT, to the top. Just a way to keep a thread on the front page. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.