Home Forums Fishing Panfishing Ice out

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So now Im the bad guy for speaking up against something that shouldnt be on here? So typical. You guys are more upset with somebody speaking up than the original comment speaks volumes.

Think Ill take a break from this site for awhile also, way too many haters on here lately.

bowfisherbowfisher
    Participant

Quote by: moose07

Thanks for the replies about my original question. Theres been alot of times i wanted to ask a question but hold back because of the remarks you get and how far off topic it can go. I didnt think anything about the vest. Being an issue. Like the saying goes it takes 1 bad apple to spoil the bunch! But thanks again for the answers to my question.

Moose,

My apologies, normally I don’t get all wound up and I don’t normally think any thing I would ever post would offend anyone intentionally.
    Sorry to derail your thread, not at all what I was aiming for.

Participant

Quote by: jereseib

Quote by: bowfisher

Saddens me I was totally joking but apparently snowflakes get offended by the slightest joke. I think I see a protest at the capital in the works due to some normal person on this website that said “big gay vest”.

Get after it buddy! Have mommy bring you cookies at lunch.

Sorry guys, been around this site for many years, hope to be for years to come. If for one second I would have thought what I said would have offended anyone. Obviously. Asgrow has thick skin.

If needed, boot me. Snowflakes are part of the problem in this country. Entitled millennials. Keyboard tough guys. Dont get their way, get online and raise a stink, but don’t have the backbone to do it in reality unless they can get a protest going with their cronies who are also keyboard warriors.

Like I said boot me if needed. Any of you that know me know my intentions.

You don’t need booted, just quite being an idiot. If you guys want to carry on some weird conversation about clothes looking feminine go ahead, but do it somewhere else.

Now back to crappie fishing, I’ve found the best success in cold water with the the 2.5 inch gulp minnows in black shad or smelt. IMO they are the single best soft plastic out there for crappies, I always work them extremely slow or even put them under a slip bobber and work them that way.

Is it appropriate to use the term “idiot”?

Participant

Quote by: quailslayer

After casting to find the depth the of fish one can count, figure out how many seconds to let the bait /jig fall when on the crappies. Many times once I figured out the count you just set the hook.

This right here is great advice. They will typically be located at the same water depth based on water temp.

I also like to use spikes or wax worms left over from ice fishing.

Participant

Bowfisher – just to clear things up i wasnt talking about you and nor was i offended. I actually chuckled at your comment. I appreciate the apology anyway though. Its probably best if everyone keeps things G rated anymore it seems.

IaCraigIaCraig
    Participant

This post helps me too, thanks for starting it.

Cold-water crappies after ice out have always been a challenge/frustration for me. But I’ve picked up some ideas to try.

bowfisherbowfisher
    Participant

One other thing I have done in the past (early spring) with success from the boat is drift points, normally when you get close or over a point, the crappies will be there. Drift slow with small baits. Slip bobber and finding the correct depth is key. Along with color, as always with a crappie.

Participant

Just LOL @ this thread

It’s not the spam making people stop coming here, its people being butthurt to the extreme about trivial stuff like what happened here. Good grief. Hopefully launching the new site and closing this one washes out some of the undesirables.

^^^^^ No pun intended I’m sure 😂. If people can’t laugh they shouldn’t be on the site. I get some good info from the site and getting a laugh every now and then is a perk. No one is down playing the use of the word gay they r disreguarding how u reacted to the use of it between two guys who r obviously good enough friends they can joke about it.

Participant

This kind of BS is why I don’t post anything on here anymore. I thought this page was for guys to give each other a hard time and to learn things from time to time. Opinions are like ass.oles, everyone has one BUT not everyone is one!! If you don’t like something and you are afraid it might hurt your feelings,dont read it, just crawl back to your safe place in your parents basement and have your mommy bring you your favorite blanky and let the grown men act like men not a bunch of crybaby whine asses!!

Participant

I don’t fish for pan fish much after ice out, but I will just take my same jig heads and plastics I use ice fishing put a split shot a foot above them and adjust depth with a bobber as needed. If you caught em the week before on ice with ice stuff just modify for a ultra light and do the same thing casting. you can catch pan fish all year on a ultra light with ice tackle. Impulse Mayflys usually are the crappie bait.

Participant

Quote by: bowfisher

Quote by: TeamAsgrow

Marabou jigs, plastic jigs, tipped jigs I would make sure I have all of plenty of those! 1/64th and 1/32nd seem to work best. I usually like 1/32nd jigs most of the time. 1/16th cast better and work better when needing to fish deeper.

And a big gay vest…. 😀

You a homophobe bro? Get that crap out of here, no need to get disrespectful on a crappie thread.

Get your oversensitivities out of here. Your inability to discern a joke from an intentional attempt to harm someone’s feeling has derailed this thread. The gay vest comment was funny and I think has some history here. There were pics of some dude sporting a gay vest here a while back and it was memorable and funny. As for you, not so much. Saddens me to see several people feel they need to apologize to you your lack of a sense of humor.

Participant

I’m back. I just wanted to take a minute to apologize to everyone on this board for the comments the other day. I was having an extremely bad day at work when I overreacted to the post.

I didn’t mean to derail the thread either, I look forward to talking about fishing on this site in the future. Sorry!!

cowboycowboy
    Participant

I’m back. I just wanted to take a minute to apologize to everyone on this board for the comments the other day. I was having an extremely bad day at work when I overreacted to the post.

I didn’t mean to derail the thread either, I look forward to talking about fishing on this site in the future. Sorry!!

Cool deal, no problems. hope that wasn’t sarcasm lol.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.