Home Forums Fishing Panfishing Ice out

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Mods, please get this kind of crap off this site, its extremely disrespectful clowning around or not. You want to clown around about sexual orientation do it on your own time not a public forum.

OldbearOldbear
    Participant

Oh boy.

Mayor of Hickory Grove

scruffyscruffy
    Participant

AMENDMENT I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Freedom of speech seems to be fading away. Which is sad considering how many people have died to protect it. Seems if someone is offended, or could be offended, our right ends. We either have the freedom of speech or we don’t. If we don’t have freedom of speech, the rest of the first amendment, the rest of all the amendments, will be nullified also. Then the authority can tell you what you should believe, say, etc and you won’t be able to do anything about it.

Don’t believe me? Why do you think the “bill of rights” was created… – History.

quailslayerquailslayer
    Participant

😯 mini lead condoms in multiple colors, crappies like to hit it from the bottom up!

Participant

Junior! Other than the Other BS.
    The tips are great! For crappie I prefer a 1/32 oz. jig, but with a #4 hook. ( most come with a #6) I’m a plastics guy. ( everything from tubes, wedges, shrimpo tails, and 2 in. power minnows)
    I usually suspend mine under a counter weighted float( using a split shot so it doesn’t take a lot for the fish to pull down) to control my depth. Be ready! Many times the fish will pick it up, or grab it and just hold it. With a float, any difference in action, set the hook! As a pro bass fisherman said! Hook sets are free!

Participant

Quote by: jereseib

Quote by: cowboy

I’d have to say you are the homophobe, gay can mean happy, you are the one insinuating it has a homosexual meaning.
    I usually keep my mouth shut but am tired of hearing your unwanted comments. Guys were having a good time and you have to stir it up.

Quote by: bowfisher

Quote by: TeamAsgrow

Marabou jigs, plastic jigs, tipped jigs I would make sure I have all of plenty of those! 1/64th and 1/32nd seem to work best. I usually like 1/32nd jigs most of the time. 1/16th cast better and work better when needing to fish deeper.

And a big gay vest…. 😀

You a homophobe bro? Get that crap out of here, no need to get disrespectful on a crappie thread.

A good time making fun of homosexuals? Yeah, sounds like a great time to me. What comments are you tired of “Cowboy”. You mean the hunndreds where Ive helped people around central iowa with fishing spots.

And im sure it was meant as a “happy comment”. You think I was just born yesterday?

While I am sure there are 100s of posts helping out with fishing spots, I took a quick look and in the last 4 months there have been 45 posts from you…. 29 of which were on non fishing forums… Mostly on firearms legislation. I’m sure all of which, you were voicing your opinion about. And calling for other members, whose views don’t line up with yours, to be banned. I am not sure that calling someone’s vest gay is an OK thing to do on a public forum, however, I am tired of every time you see something that you don’t like, I has to be a big deal. I know I do not get much use out of your posts… Most of which are combative in nature.

quailslayerquailslayer
    Participant

After casting to find the depth the of fish one can count, figure out how many seconds to let the bait /jig fall when on the crappies. Many times once I figured out the count you just set the hook.

bowfisherbowfisher
    Participant

Saddens me I was totally joking but apparently snowflakes get offended by the slightest joke. I think I see a protest at the capital in the works due to some normal person on this website that said “big gay vest”.

Get after it buddy! Have mommy bring you cookies at lunch.

Sorry guys, been around this site for many years, hope to be for years to come. If for one second I would have thought what I said would have offended anyone. Obviously. Asgrow has thick skin.

If needed, boot me. Snowflakes are part of the problem in this country. Entitled millennials. Keyboard tough guys. Dont get their way, get online and raise a stink, but don’t have the backbone to do it in reality unless they can get a protest going with their cronies who are also keyboard warriors.

Like I said boot me if needed. Any of you that know me know my intentions.

Participant

Saddens me I was totally joking but apparently snowflakes get offended by the slightest joke. I think I see a protest at the capital in the works due to some normal person on this website that said “big gay vest”.

Get after it buddy! Have mommy bring you cookies at lunch.

Sorry guys, been around this site for many years, hope to be for years to come. If for one second I would have thought what I said would have offended anyone. Obviously. Asgrow has thick skin.

If needed, boot me. Snowflakes are part of the problem in this country. Entitled millennials. Keyboard tough guys. Dont get their way, get online and raise a stink, but don’t have the backbone to do it in reality unless they can get a protest going with their cronies who are also keyboard warriors.

Like I said boot me if needed. Any of you that know me know my intentions.

You don’t need booted, just quite being an idiot. If you guys want to carry on some weird conversation about clothes looking feminine go ahead, but do it somewhere else.

Now back to crappie fishing, I’ve found the best success in cold water with the the 2.5 inch gulp minnows in black shad or smelt. IMO they are the single best soft plastic out there for crappies, I always work them extremely slow or even put them under a slip bobber and work them that way.

Participant

Quote by: jbg1219

Quote by: cowboy

I’d have to say you are the homophobe, gay can mean happy, you are the one insinuating it has a homosexual meaning.
    I usually keep my mouth shut but am tired of hearing your unwanted comments. Guys were having a good time and you have to stir it up.

Quote by: TeamAsgrow

Marabou jigs, plastic jigs, tipped jigs I would make sure I have all of plenty of those! 1/64th and 1/32nd seem to work best. I usually like 1/32nd jigs most of the time. 1/16th cast better and work better when needing to fish deeper.

And a big gay vest…. 😀

You a homophobe bro? Get that crap out of here, no need to get disrespectful on a crappie thread.

A good time making fun of homosexuals? Yeah, sounds like a great time to me. What comments are you tired of “Cowboy”. You mean the hunndreds where Ive helped people around central iowa with fishing spots.

And im sure it was meant as a “happy comment”. You think I was just born yesterday?

While I am sure there are 100s of posts helping out with fishing spots, I took a quick look and in the last 4 months there have been 45 posts from you…. 29 of which were on non fishing forums… Mostly on firearms legislation. I’m sure all of which, you were voicing your opinion about. And calling for other members, whose views don’t line up with yours, to be banned. I am not sure that calling someone’s vest gay is an OK thing to do on a public forum, however, I am tired of every time you see something that you don’t like, I has to be a big deal. I know I do not get much use out of your posts… Most of which are combative in nature.

Then dont read them, problem solved. If certain groups want to run a political agenda on here to increase their bottom line fine thats fine, it doesnt mean responsible gun owners like myself cant have an opinion opposite of their agenda.

bowfisherbowfisher
    Participant

Lol whatever, maybe you should simply take your own advice. Don’t like what ya read? Dont read it.
    Your track record on this website pretty much shows us all.
    Argue as you wish.

I will not respond after this post as I have better things to do with my time other than bicker with you. Enjoy yourself.

If you really wanna discuss there is the PM option. I can provide a phone number to reach me at.

Participant

Lol whatever, maybe you should simply take your own advice. Don’t like what ya read? Dont read it.
    Argue as you wish.

I will not respond after this post as I have better things to do with my time other than bicker with you. Enjoy yourself.

If you really wanna discuss there is the PM option. I can provide a phone number to reach me at.

See, there’s the problem, I enjoy reading threads about crappie, normally I dont expect to be in the middle of them and read comments like the one you posted. Seemed a little random and completely off topic, but like I said, you two want to have some weird conversation the PM button exists for you guys also.

Participant

Argue as you wish.

See, there’s the problem, I enjoy reading threads about crappie, normally I dont expect to be in the middle of them and read comments like the one you posted. Seemed a little random and completely off topic, but like I said, you two want to have some weird conversation the PM button exists for you guys also.

Kid, there’s where the problem lies !!! You knew it was between them 2 and you just had to chime in on it rather then just reading it and moving on. There’s things in life you’re not going to like to see or hear that doesn’t mean you have to put your 2 cents in about it, just move on life is too short. And yes ,I know I should have just not said anything to like I normally would’ve. But like it or not, you’re the one that took this great post down the wrong path.

On to the OP ? 2 ice jig’s under a float tiny float with the jig’s being about a foot apart tipped with your small minnows. Another fav. of mine is a bait called crappie stinger’s . In plastic’s, just look for a bait that’s small, thin and has good action with very little movement. I always run 2 bait’s on the same line and different color’s. Make sure your float is barely sticking out of the water . They tend to be very lite biter’s at ice out. When I say ice out there is skim ice on the bay’s / coves in the am. I caught my first 3 # crappie at ice out. I had to throw rocks out when I first got there to break the skim ice up to fish. 🙂

cowboycowboy
    Participant

Quote by: lebruce

Argue as you wish.

Kid, there’s where the problem lies !!! You knew it was between them 2 and you just had to chime in on it rather then just reading it and moving on. There’s things in life you’re not going to like to see or hear that doesn’t mean you have to put your 2 cents in about it, just move on life is too short. And yes ,I know I should have just not said anything to like I normally would’ve. But like it or not, you’re the one that took this great post down the wrong path.

On to the OP ? 2 ice jig’s under a float tiny float with the jig’s being about a foot apart tipped with your small minnows. Another fav. of mine is a bait called crappie stinger’s . In plastic’s, just look for a bait that’s small, thin and has good action with very little movement. I always run 2 bait’s on the same line and different color’s. Make sure your float is barely sticking out of the water . They tend to be very lite biter’s at ice out. When I say ice out there is skim ice on the bay’s / coves in the am. I caught my first 3 # crappie at ice out. I had to throw rocks out when I first got there to break the skim ice up to fish. 🙂

Thank you, that is what I was trying to get across.

#1 reason why I don’t post, and don’t frequent the site like I used to. Guys like this that can’t keep their mouth shut and can’t leave a good thing alone, always have to have an opinion on everything. Guess I will be leaving again for a few months. Enjoy yourself dude.

Participant

Thanks for the replies about my original question. Theres been alot of times i wanted to ask a question but hold back because of the remarks you get and how far off topic it can go. I didnt think anything about the vest. Being an issue. Like the saying goes it takes 1 bad apple to spoil the bunch! But thanks again for the answers to my question.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.