Home Forums Fishing Ice Fishing Ice Fishing Heaters

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

What do you guys use for a heater in your flip up ice shacks?.. i just have a 1,000 BTU one and it just dosn’t do it for me… i know there is the mr. heaters and sunflower shaped ones just would like to hear what you guys think..
    thanks

billfish3rbillfish3r
    Participant

Yes Mr. Heaters are one of the best in the market right now. I’m currently using the Mr. Heater MH9BX Buddy on ice fishing trips. It works for me and Ive never had any problems with it.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by billfish3rbillfish3r.
    OldbearOldbear
    Participant

I have the standard Mr heater Buddy heater for years and had few problems.  With sub zero temps on the one lb tanks have had  a few freeze ups but usually use a 5 lb tank.  I like   best about it  the shut off for high CO and tip over feature.  I did get a blow out shield from Munchy  put on it years ago so its a` little more wind proof.

Mayor of Hickory Grove

hotrodhotrod
    Participant

I have the one panel Mr. Heater, works well on LOW in the one-man and does OK in the 3Man shack too.  Biggest thing is getting your shack insulated with snow around the edges, this will help keep the hate in and keep your heater burning.  ALWAYS ventilate of course.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.