Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum I Demand Answers!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Participant

What a bunch of *censored*ing bullshit from who else, Iowa State joke clones. My grandkids shore cast the Iowa Great Lakes exclusively in the falll, specifically east lake for trophy walleye. Apparently my tax money has provided for the joke clone university to electroshock the best spots for some thesis paper by a 6th year senior. The grandkids watched as they shocked the water of our best spots. Look it wouldnbe different if this were a one time deal but they have been at it on a daily basis for the last month. The grandkids put up with a lot of non local trash all summer, but now The intellectuals just north of Des Moines are ruining the fall fishing. And trust me , the fall shore casting fishing has been severely effected.

The grandkids ask the joke clown 6th years what’s gong on and get no!answers or any transparency.
    They just drive away with there mega lighted dual 4 stroke flat bottoms and laugh.

They call the clown biology department and Iowa donothing resources and no answers.

The grand kids lose out on typically amazing shorecasting walleye fishing and my taxes go to these grants yet we get no answers.

It’s tough to tell the grand kids that this is the world we live in.

Participant

You posted this at 1:25 am. Get some sleep and give us a little calmer version. Γ°ΕΈβ„’β€ž

A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends upon the character of the user- Teddy Roosevelt

Participant

Just look at it this way. The fish will probably will move back in to those spots 20 minutes after the biology people move on rather than trying to give your grand kids a long detail as to what they are doing they want to move on to get out of your way. If they didn’t do all this electric shocking to keep tabs on the fish count; as many people that fish IGL’s your grand kids would not have any fish to catch with out them. That’s like getting mad at road repairs, but we all want to drive on the roads.

medicdanomedicdano
    Participant

Quote by: littlealfet

Just look at it this way. The fish will probably will move back in to those spots 20 minutes after the biology people move on rather than trying to give your grand kids a long detail as to what they are doing they want to move on to get out of your way. If they didn’t do all this electric shocking to keep tabs on the fish count; as many people that fish IGL’s your grand kids would not have any fish to catch with out them. That’s like getting mad at road repairs, but we all want to drive on the roads.

If they are really shocking everyday its not the same. That is a pretty big stressor on fish. I don’t understand why they would do it more than once or twice.

Participant

Seems the assumption in the original post is that if you are a 6th year senior you are some how some sort of failure. I don’t know too many people that get a masters degree in 4 years.

Also, with ISU being a public school, are you just assuming its tax dollars paying for this? I would have no idea where the funding, if any, for that type of project would come from.

Participant

Are you sure you’re not exaggerating a little? Whatever they are working on is assuredly being done for a reason, and will ultimately provide you, the angler, with the best fishery possible. As far as answers and transparency, their complete thesis will be available to you online. If you want more immediate answers, try calling them with good questions, not wild accusatory statements and name calling.

In the mean time, try using something other than a half a worm on a gold hook with two split shot… πŸ˜‰

d00buckd00buck
    Participant

Sorry all of us “non local trash” come up and spend our $$ at YOUR lake, and that university students are studying YOUR fish to help make our fisheries better. πŸ™ I agree with you on keeping at it for a month though, that seems a bit excessive?

I hope you woke up in a better mood, and have a better day! In the end, they’re just fish, and you’re lucky to live in an area where the fish are plentiful, along with lakes to fish them in!

Tight lines!

Participant

Quote by: White81

Seems the assumption in the original post is that if you are a 6th year senior you are some how some sort of failure. I don’t know too many people that get a masters degree in 4 years.

Also, with ISU being a public school, are you just assuming its tax dollars paying for this? I would have no idea where the funding, if any, for that type of project would come from.

His utmost respect for anything related to ISU drips out of his post. Doubt he’ll get any sincere answers from anyone with that attitude.

Participant

Well, that’s a little harsh isn’t it? How many beers have you had?

Participant

You imply that research is just playing around and serves no purpose. Universities do not just randomly pick a research project. They do not have funding to do research just for fun. They are typically funded by an outside source (perhaps the DNR or some agency similar) and they serve a greater purpose than you are aware of. They could be tagging these fish to follow their movement. Perhaps if they find they use a certain part of the lake more in the spring they can enhance that habitat or what ever. This is just a random example so don’t tell me how you already know where the fish go. It was all I could think of at the moment. The point is, to do research on fish, you have to go to where the fish are. It is an inconvenience for your family, but I assure you they are not just out there playing around. That is not how it works. Hopefully you will be able to see the benefits later on.

Participant

Lol, oh look, a triggered Iowa fan whos upset his team is struggling to make a bowl game. Listen here, alot of this “non-local trash” like myself and others bring alot of money into that area in the summer. Its nice to get away from my normal spots around where us “local trash” live.

God forbid your grandkids find another productive spot.

Actually after seeing this post it has compelled me to start ripping the Army Corp in Des Moines. Flood protection be damned, why they hell did they decided the start pumping out so much water from the spillway this October??? It has completely ruined “MY!!!!!!!” walleye fishing for the entire fall.

Participant

live4qall— some of us fish past supper time, drink your bush light, eat your hormel chili, grow a pair and come out after dark! The coons dont bite.

littlealfet, Contacted the DNR they have nothing to do with the study. I have been catching fish for 40 years without ISU electro shocking fish. Not sure how much you fish, but pretty common sense would lead to the conclusion that 20 minutes after being electrified they might just not be as active.

Medicano- Thank you.

white81– ASS U ME, does ames have a lake?

jbruegge, is that a catfish your holding or your most recent score at your local watering hole dangling your “half worm”?

d00buck, I doubt the intent is to make the fishery better? Perhaps it is to enjoy the lakes on someone else’s dime and try to get an A on my thesis, perhaps….. I am not lucky to live in a resourceful area, i simply planned to. Tight Lines.

Look——— I tend to agree the first post was emotional, but the fact of the matter is my Grandkids fish the spring hard, then the terrorists show up for 5 months and the shore casting is very difficult, and they wait till the fall to fish again hard, and now they deal with there spots being shocked. Why wouldn’t I want some sort of notice, explanation, transparency? How bout this, because this site is full of deer hunters… During RUT ISU students want to walk all public spots without any notice to do a study to help improve deer hunting. YOUR deer hunting is being improved!!!! Its all good right?

bowfisherbowfisher
    Participant

Quote by: d00buck

Sorry all of us “non local trash” come up and spend our $$ at YOUR lake, and that university students are studying YOUR fish to help make our fisheries better. πŸ™ I agree with you on keeping at it for a month though, that seems a bit excessive?

I hope you woke up in a better mood, and have a better day! In the end, they’re just fish, and you’re lucky to live in an area where the fish are plentiful, along with lakes to fish them in!

Tight lines!

A DALE sighting on IS!

Participant

Are you still drinking Grandad?

Participant

Quote by: HEROMA

Are you still drinking Grandad?

I’m guessing so.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.