Home Forums Fishing Ice Fishing Hub Shelter Beginner

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So I just ordered an Eskimo 949i shelter and wanted to get some advice and suggestions for accessories. I noted the storage is minimal, even for hanging a coat up. Has anyone attached the Frabill coat hangers to a hub pole? Just was curious if the hub style poles can handle the weight of a winter coat. Anyone have any other helpful hints? Thanks in advance!!

Participant

I usually just tuck my coat/hat/gloves between the pole and canvas.

Participant

The adapter for the screws is useful. I use tie down straps instead of the strings that come with it hub. The wide band and buckles are easier to adjust with gloves on than the skinny strings it comes with. I hang my coat on the back of the chair I am sitting on or I stick it between the poles and the tent like others stated.

Participant

You shluild invest in some ice anchors. Sooner or later you will be fishing and need to anchor your shelter down to the ice. Have seen shelters flying away and it is not a happy moment for the fisherman. Also, have you considered a sled to put your gear in; like all your other stuff to get you onto the ice for a good day of fishing?

The anchors are essential on certain days. robbie

Participant

Quote by: samface83

I usually just tuck my coat/hat/gloves between the pole and canvas.

Good tip! It comes with a mesh area to store your coat, but that only holds one jacket. The hub also came with the Eskimo anchors which I hear are pretty good. I’ll look into bungee’s or tie downs as mentioned.

Sled is on the shopping list. For now, I’m using my kids sled which isn’t quite cutting it!

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.