Home Forums Miscellaneous Gardening How your garden doing??

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Good looking box of peppers! my anaheims wont turn read! I have roasted a bunch and want to dry some red ones!

Larry Richard
    Participant
    Up
    Down

my last roasting ears came out yesterday. tomatoes and peppers growing good yet. rest of garden is covered with soybeans I tilled in when I took out the crops to provide weed coverage and maybe some N. Oh, and one volunteer watermelon I am hoping will get ripe before frost. doc

IowaSportsmanGuy
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Tomatoes and jalapeños are growing well. Leaving the jalapeños longer this year to get some red streaks.

bugs11
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Picking tons of perfect tomatoes and peppers. Seems like every tomato on every plant is starting to ripen. We’re done canning sauces and salsa, so I’m just giving them away. This year has been one of my best tomato years in recent history. Late planted wax beans and spinach are starting to produce. Late planted lettuce looks good too, not ready to pick though. Last year we had fresh lettuce up through Thanksgiving. Got ambitious (or foolish) and planted some radish seeds earlier this week.

TeamAsgrow
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I have a lot of lettuce up, some will be ready to grow under the cover hopefully until Christmas and over winter. I have been shelling beans like crazy when I let the dogs out for the evenings, going to make some great bean soup and seed stock for next summer

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.