How many shoot out of boats?2008-02-12T13:03:34-05:00

Home Forums Fishing Bowfishing How many shoot out of boats?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve been getting the itch myself, Ryan. Good to see you around the site! Pat tells me there is another meeting of the minds coming up soon, for the BAI, so I hope i’m in town for this one. I’m READY! BTW, Nater, I by Knoxville, and you’re welcome to tag along anytime you can get down here. I have a couple extra setups on recurves, if you don’t mind shooting fish with one of those. Let me know, anytime.
    Al

Participant

Hey AL!! I didnt know that you got on here. Yeah this Sunday but I am not sure what time. I am so read for this spring. Nice buck is that from this year?

Participant

Nater, I live in Norwalk and in the spring and summer I go bowfishing almost every weekend, I only have my bow, but if you get set up with a bow I got the boat, lights and all the works if you want to come down for a weekend or just a day I would be more than happy to let you tag along. The offer is open to anyone.
    40lb is planty of power I like to shoot 45-50 but 40 will work

Participant

This summer I was fishing out at McBride and saw a few guys bowfishing off the dike between Coraville Lake and McBride. I went over there and they were shooting the carp as fast as they could re-noc an arrow. Tons of them.

ihuntducksalot72ihuntducksalot72
    Participant

I started just last year, give it a shot guys!!!

It’s a blast!!!!

And as far as cost, My initial setup, cost under $70 bucks. I can’t even begin to put a price on the fun I had with it. I found a 50# recurve at a garage sale, and bought an old reel and arrow from an old guy I know. Had $50 in that, then I decided i wanted a newer arrow so I dropped another $20 on an arrow and string. It’s not the barnburner setup some of the diehards run, but I shot well over 200 fish with it last year. You don’t have to have a fancy setup for casual shooting.

I got my dad back into it, and 2 friends started later in the summer. All four of us are just twitching now waiting for spring again!!!

Participant

I have a descent set up, and have used it a few times, but just haven’t got hooked yet…

The main reason is that i have no use for the fish i shoot…

What do you guys do with the ones you shoot??

Participant

Quote by: Scout

I’ve been getting the itch myself, Ryan. Good to see you around the site! Pat tells me there is another meeting of the minds coming up soon, for the BAI, so I hope i’m in town for this one. I’m READY! BTW, Nater, I by Knoxville, and you’re welcome to tag along anytime you can get down here. I have a couple extra setups on recurves, if you don’t mind shooting fish with one of those. Let me know, anytime.
    Al

Dont go giving up my spot you SOB! :mrgreen: I would hate to have to outshoot you with that POS Bear that cannot hold a pattern with sights. Next thing you know Austin and I will both outfish you in the same day! Oh too late… either way I am looking forward to shooting some fish and I am trying to find farmers around here who want them in return for some hunting rights 😉

Participant

Quote by: AugustMoose87

I have a descent set up, and have used it a few times, but just haven’t got hooked yet…

The main reason is that i have no use for the fish i shoot…

What do you guys do with the ones you shoot??

We have a pig farmer that has 4800 head of hawg that is going to take the off of our hands. Look for coon trappers or turtle trappers/farmers

Participant

I have a friend that his grandpa has a 1acr garden, and my other buddy has alot of farm ground and when they disk and rip the land they ask us to put the fish all over the land.
    Or find a hog farm like Ryan

Participant

The buck in the avatar is 2005, Ryan. And yes….i’m on here every day. I look forward to seeing you Sunday at the meeting. Corey, don’t worry…your spot is already reserved in my boat. It’s big enough to shoot 3 people easy enough 😉 And thanks for rubbing it in that you and my 11yr old both have been outfishing me. 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!